What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I remember the first Warriors game at Mt Smart this year people were saying it was a great crowd at 18.6k. That has been their lowest crowd at Mt Smart.
Historically 18k is a typical crowd when they’re going well and there’s a bit of expectation around the team. This years crowds have been something else.

jim_57

Staff member
Historically 18k is a typical crowd when they’re going well and there’s a bit of expectation around the team. This years crowds have been something else.

Yeh definitely and that shows how much of a new level they’re on this year.

Have to wonder if it would be worth them taking one of their games to Eden Park next year depending how good of a deal they would get there. I know the club has a strong history and connection with Mt Smart but if they ever have a prolonged run of success and Mt Smart doesn’t get any upgrades they run the risk of outgrowing it. Good problems I guess.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeh definitely and that shows how much of a new level they’re on this year.

Have to wonder if it would be worth them taking one of their games to Eden Park next year depending how good of a deal they would get there. I know the club has a strong history and connection with Mt Smart but if they ever have a prolonged run of success and Mt Smart doesn’t get any upgrades they run the risk of outgrowing it. Good problems I guess.
I’d like to see a push to upgrade MT Smart to 30k approx permanently. Would really just need a proper south stand and some terracing around the big screen on the north hill.

Theknightsrule7

Juniors
Apparently there's forecast for showers on Sunday. Hopefully it doesn't effect the attendance.

Bulldogs have a habit of bringing the rain to Newcastle in recent seasons.

Burns

First Grade
Odd one there in Newy then, hope it’s packed out but here are many, many seats available in the upper Western and Andrew Johns stands.
Do think the capacity had dipped from the 32,000 limit due to the hills at both ends being more restricted.
Would imagine if the Knights do win, there will be increasing crowds across the next two rounds with Souths then the Sharks for Old Boys Day.
As I think this thread discussed last weekend with the Townsville game, whether all members turn up will influence whether it ‘looks like a sell out’.

Latest posts