What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Iamback

Coach
There will be some decent money floating around for NRL teams to take matches to the Sunshine Coast right up to the 2030 season at least.

QGov wants the upgraded venue being used in the lead up to the Olympic games and has pretty much budgeted for 4 games a year at the venue (including trials)

I imagine the Dolphins will want to lock in as many of those as they can, especially as the stadium grows.

I have said this all along, Instead of competing and fighting for corporates in Brisbane.

Go to Sunshine Coast and get all the support makes more sense

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You can't expect a club in their first season to get everything right. Dolphins playing 3 games away from Lang Park was probably a reasonable decision at the time.

t-ba

Post Whore
This is their third lowest average in history exluding 20' and 21' due to COVID.

EDIT - as a merger.

It's by far their worst season. Their previous worst is 7 wins.

Kind of shocked that they've only played in two finals series' since 2011. Only team with a worse record is the Tiggers.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
It's by far their worst season. Their previous worst is 7 wins.

Kind of shocked that they've only played in two finals series' since 2011. Only team with a worse record is the Tiggers.
We’ve been pretty shocking in that time. Only one finals match since 2011. Admittedly we had a great season that year only 2 points off first but finishing 8th

beave

Coach
You can't expect a club in their first season to get everything right. Dolphins playing 3 games away from Lang Park was probably a reasonable decision at the time.
the women's WC and suncorp being out of action for a decent period in 2023, will be interesting to see what ground split they agree to for 2024.

If it were me, 10 games at Suncorp, 1 Sunny Coast and 1 Redcliffe.

When the stadium at the sunny coast is upgraded I can see them going for their own team.

Both.

Hey must suck having your point ruined by me attending one of those matches eh?
No, it's still disappointing seeing a RL fan label NRL teams as trash. Including one who have made the finals.

If the Roosters are trash, presumably everyone who finishes below them is also trash. Which means over half the teams in the comp are trash. So the rise in crowds must be due to an outbreak of masochism.

t-ba

Post Whore
No, it's still disappointing seeing a RL fan label NRL teams as trash. Including one who have made the finals.

If the Roosters are trash, presumably everyone who finishes below them is also trash. Which means over half the teams in the comp are trash. So the rise in crowds must be due to an outbreak of masochism.

Or maybe, just maybe, enjoying trash doesn't mean you are masochist. You can enjoy something that is bad, and plenty of NRL teams are bad this year.

Every team below the Knights are trash this year. Simples.

But to paraphrase the Donald, that's okay, I'll keep watching that Garbage.

t-ba

Post Whore
Anyways, I am currently stuck cleaning a balcony. How is the crowd for these two trash teams looking?

Harry O

Juniors
I just hope the clowns at the NRL changes the venue to Allianz Stadium if the rooters gunna play the sharks,instead of shark park.

Latest posts