What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Iamback

Coach
GA areas still available for Penrith. I expected them to sell out a bit quicker, but I'm sure they will by this afternoon or tomorrow. We might see more Warriors fans there than expected given that some are still available.

Nah the shit timeslot moved them slower. Still sells out tonight I reckon

t-ba

Post Whore
Over 87 games in Sydney 1,406,267 people attended. That's about 16,193 people a game!

About 100k short of the 1.5 million in 2005.

With none of the 'big' historical sides firing and relatively few games at the new SFS that is actually a really good result.

Still a long way off the 1,696,694 who attended in 1968 but decent progress compared to the 1,214,496 in 2019.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Over 87 games in Sydney 1,406,267 people attended. That's about 16,193 people a game!

About 100k short of the 1.5 million in 2005.

With none of the 'big' historical sides firing and relatively few games at the new SFS that is actually a really good result.

Souffs v Broncos got moved to Sunshine Coast. A few others moved due to the Soccer, probably gets that 100k

t-ba

Post Whore
Souffs v Broncos got moved to Sunshine Coast. A few others moved due to the Soccer, probably gets that 100k

Maybe. It's a good result realistically compared to what was happening towards the end of the 2010s.

We need more matches at the SFS. That place is amazing and with the light rail in it makes getting there far less of a headache. I work in the city and it was great seeing people line up in their gear at the light rail stops to get to matches. Really creates an atmosphere.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Restricted view seats now on sale for the Broncos. Maybe 700 seats left.

This is a stadium members event and I expect them to show. The crowd will be anywhere from 49,500 - 51,500. 52,500 requires a full corporate sell out - not sure that the NRL will achieve that this week, but if we make a prelim (pleaseeeeee jesus) we will.

Valheru

Coach
1st & 2nd get 2 home finals (week 1 and 2 or 3)
3rd & 4th get 1 home final (week 2 or 3)
5th & 6th get 1 home final (week 1)
7th & 8th get 0 home finals

Seems fair to me

It's the best option however there is an oddity over home ground advantage. For example let's say manly finished 4th instead of warriors. They wouldn't get a game at Brookvale in the finals series whilst 6th place sharks would get one at cronulla.

Valheru

Coach
I disagree.. it gave every position in the Top 8 meaning, instead of grouping them into 2 groups of 4

All they had to do was change Weeks 2 and 3 so the higher ranked team got the home final

Warriors made the 2011 GF after finishing 6th and getting beaten by 30 in week 1.

That is ridiculous

Iamback

Coach
NRL.com has some videos up.

one is Penrith v Warriors Finals week 1 2018

For those that forget what it was like check it out, 17k in a 82k seater. Is that any better than full small grounds?

bazza

Immortal

For those that forget what it was like check it out, 17k in a 82k seater. Is that any better than full small grounds?
Can we get the 2018 crowd watch thread to find the people complaining that the match should have been at Penrith?

Valheru

Coach

That was 5 years ago and I don't think Homebush would be the right loction for that anyways

Commbank seems to make a lot of sense and I reckon it sells out.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Not sure many are suggesting accor is a good choice. However allianz or commbank.......

If we cant get 20-30k plus to finals games in Sydney on the back of a great year of attendances then somethings not right.