What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Harry O

Juniors
Now another article about the move to Melbourne

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230329-183108_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230329-183108_Facebook.jpg
    675 KB · Views: 11

Harry O

Juniors
Just empty threats and political mind games from Vlandys given the new government - a bit of a power play IMO
Probably is,but if they're offering 15 million dollars to take one Grand Final there i would take it.... plus I can't read the article coz you have to pay to read it, so I dont know the full story...

A lot of the good will and strong crowds that have been built up would be put at risk if the NRL decides to put money over legacy and building a brand in order to ship the Grand Final off to the highest bidder to host in a stadium with an incompatible shape for the code.

Anyway, that's off topic and probably deserves a different thread.

Gobsmacked

Bench
A lot of the good will and strong crowds that have been built up would be put at risk if the NRL decides to put money over legacy and building a brand in order to ship the Grand Final off to the highest bidder to host in a stadium with an incompatible shape for the code.

Anyway, that's off topic and probably deserves a different thread.
You're all good. Not off topic imo .
I'm not against it though.
I think it should be open bidding.
Why not Eden Park? Whoever has the most cash. Always going to be full wherever it's played and it promotes the game and adds another dimension to it .

You're all good. Not off topic imo .
I'm not against it though.
I think it should be open bidding.
Why not Eden Park? Whoever has the most cash. Always going to be full wherever it's played and it promotes the game and adds another dimension to it .
I’d love it to go to NZ as a thank you for their sacrifice and loyalty during covid which begs the question. TV is king and demands a prime time GF, so does that mean a 9pm kick off in NZ lol

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
"ARL Commission boss Peter V’landys will hold formal talks with the Victorian Government on a proposed $15 million sell-off of the NRL grand final as rugby league explores taking the decider to AFL heartland."

If he`s only doing it to get the N.S.W. Gov`t. to pay more, by basically saying this is what its`s worth, which I have little doubt he is, it`s just a pity he wasn`t as tough with Nine and Fox when doing the broadcast negotiations.

Looks like 20k could be a goer at Allianz Stadium on Thursday night. Weather forecast looks mint too (14C and clear).

The allocation of Category 2 GA, Roosters Supports and Away Supports have had their allocation exhausted (though unclear if that means they've shut off ticket sales to try and balance the crowd across the stadium somewhat).

Very few tickets left in the remaining Categories 1 and 2.

Can't see how many tickets are left in GA.

1680096885716.png

EuroNymous

Juniors
Looks like 20k could be a goer at Allianz Stadium on Thursday night. Weather forecast looks mint too (14C and clear).

The allocation of Category 2 GA, Roosters Supports and Away Supports have had their allocation exhausted (though unclear if that means they've shut off ticket sales to try and balance the crowd across the stadium somewhat).

View attachment 71881
Wonder if they gonna open up the top level

^^
Tier 4 in the western grandstand should be open to SCG members.

They've opened Tier 2 in the southern grandstand for general admission, and there's a handful of tickets left in blue Categories 1 and 2:

Might be a crowd comfortably above 20k at this rate (I estimate Tiers 1 and 2 combined hold about 26k, and there will be a few members sitting in the Tier 4 western grandstand). A high watermark for Thursday night games.

1680131936035.png

Harry O

Juniors
Well im trying to buy 4 tickets for tonight but bloody Ticketek is giving me grief. Have to buy at the stadium now, and when you ring them no one answers the phone it's so frustrating....

BlueandGold

Juniors

View attachment 71881

The Power of the Eels.

Bring good numbers to away games in Sydney.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Round 5:

Easts v Parra 29k (revised up, tickets selling well could be higher.)
Canberra v Penrith 11k
Souths v Melbourne 18k
Manly v Newcastle 9k
St George v "Redcliffe" 13k
Brisbane v Wests 30k
Cronulla v NZ 9k (rain)
Canterbury v NQ 12k (rain)

Total 131k avg 16.3k

Not as bad a round as first thought.