What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

SouthsCountry

Juniors
Jesus mate Friday night against Melbourne. It wasn’t bad. And why the fumblers reference. WGAF?
We should all care because tonight looked very amateur. Looked like the bloody RFL Championship. We are being made to look stupid by other codes when we schedule games like that on Friday primetime.

Souths v Melbourne 10 years ago, same fixture, same venue, got 32,620

Yes, 32,000

And the sad part is the fumblers we demean for playing such a sh*t sport still get thousands more for similar type games.

We can bury our head in the sand, or here's a revolutionary idea, we can learn from them and beat them...

Wb1234

Referee
It's not even about which stadium is better... lots of people don't want to trek across Sydney in peak hour to Homebush

I'm in the Shire and I could have driven to WIN Stadium in less time than it took me to go to Homebush tonight
I would train it to homebush from Cronulla

on a Friday night that is a horrendous drive

king George’s rd is a car park

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
We should all care because tonight looked very amateur. Looked like the bloody RFL Championship. We are being made to look stupid by other codes when we schedule games like that on Friday primetime.

Souths v Melbourne 10 years ago, same fixture, same venue, got 32,620

Yes, 32,000

And the sad part is the fumblers we demean for playing such a sh*t sport still get thousands more for similar type games.

We can bury our head in the sand, or here's a revolutionary idea, we can learn from them and beat them...
I'm not joining a cult thanks.

Iamback

Coach
Is the stadium so bad that they won't come back if Parra is playing a competitive game there again?

See the post above about travel times, Say you live in Kellyville or anywhere in the Parra catchment not on direct trains.

It would be close to midnight before you get home not something most people will do regularly.

Pneuma

First Grade
I'm not joining a cult thanks.
The whole concept is ridiculous. All you can do is maximise your opportunities in your own market. Playing Melbourne at Accor on a Friday night is never going to be a big draw for crowds. The TV audiences will be very good. Trying to make the draw suit attendances not television is ridiculous given where most of your income is derived. That was a great game to watch.

SouthsCountry

Juniors
We could get 80k if our league had a go at promotion...

The match of the day was getting 40k+ regularly even in the 1960s when Sydney was a fraction of its current size.

It's not shifting demographics or other things, as Melbourne have maintained their figures for sookball, its just a lack of care from everyone in the game of RL...

Sad really

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
We could get 80k if our league had a go at promotion...

The match of the day was getting 40k+ regularly even in the 1960s when Sydney was a fraction of its current size.

It's not shifting demographics or other things, as Melbourne have maintained their figures for sookball, its just a lack of care from everyone in the game of RL...

Sad really
Possibly, I'd have to look that up.

However every other game probably got about 1000.

Latest posts