What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

bazza

Referee
Fun Fact- up to round 14 the NRL has only had 5 sub 10k crowds.

Compared to 11 for the AFL in only 12 rounds.

There had been 22 by round 14 2022.
And 15 by round 14 2019.
that is a great stat. Would like to see how that compared to the last non-covid affected years e.g. 2019, 2018. Reckon that number would be closer to 15 by round 14

When you use the word football for rugby league do you cringe a bit ?
When Aussies use the word Rugby for Rugby Union do you cringe a bit?

For your edification, quote from Wiki on the provenance of the mighty Swinton Lions -

"The club was formed in 1866 when members of Swinton Cricket Club decided to take up football in the winter to keep fit. In 1871 they joined the Rugby Football Union as Swinton and Pendlebury Football Club".

BTW, I played junior cricket in the North Manchester league which included Swinton C.C. Also in that league was Weaste C.C. whose ground was at the back of the stand behind the goalposts at The Willows. Their clubhouse was a pile of rubble. Whole place looked like Beirut. Illustrates what Salford RL were up against.

Anyway, encouraging to know you haven't lost interest in the footy this year.

Wb1234

Referee
When Aussies use the word Rugby for Rugby Union do you cringe a bit?

For your edification, quote from Wiki on the provenance of the mighty Swinton Lions -

"The club was formed in 1866 when members of Swinton Cricket Club decided to take up football in the winter to keep fit. In 1871 they joined the Rugby Football Union as Swinton and Pendlebury Football Club".

BTW, I played junior cricket in the North Manchester league which included Swinton C.C. Also in that league was Weaste C.C. whose ground was at the back of the stand behind the goalposts at The Willows. Their clubhouse was a pile of rubble. Whole place looked like Beirut. Illustrates what Salford RL were up against.

Anyway, encouraging to know you haven't lost interest in the footy this year.
Nope I call it union

growing up in an area where rugby league is the dominant football code is the best

trust me

I asked some people in st Helen’s when the footy was on they got a puzzled look

sad really

Billythekid

First Grade

Crowds - Round 14​

Fri 8:00pmWST v CANC'town11,201
Sat 5:00pmWAR v DOLGo Media23,686
Sat 5:30pmGLD v SOUCbus18,736
Sat 7:35pmCRO v BRIPointsbet12,318
Sun 2:00pmSYD v CBYGosford18,338
Sun 4:05pmNQL v MELQLD C.B.18,867
Sun 6:15pmPEN v SGIBluebet16,912

Round Total: 120,058 / Average per game 17,151
Season Total: 1,992, 607 / Average per match: 18,450

Damn that’s a good week of crowds. For how much shit they get the titans crowd is fantastic.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nope I call it union

growing up in an area where rugby league is the dominant football code is the best

trust me

I asked some people in st Helen’s when the footy was on they got a puzzled look

sad really
Thats because anyone in north of england knows theres only one rugby worth talking about, rugby league.
Union is toff ball and football is, well football lol.
Why Australians need to call every code football remains a mystery to me.

Harry O

Juniors
Thats because anyone in north of england knows theres only one rugby worth talking about, rugby league.
I'll correct you it's not union or toff it's >Yawnion.

SouthsCountry

Juniors
Many foreigners are confused that footy in Vic is completely different to footy in NSW

The confuse the city of Sydney with Melbourne culture

Last edited:

nko11

Juniors
that is a great stat. Would like to see how that compared to the last non-covid affected years e.g. 2019, 2018. Reckon that number would be closer to 15 by round 14
15 in 2019
10 in 2018 (14 by round 16 though)
10 in 2017
17 in 2016
17 in 2015
18 in 2014
11 in 2013
10 in 2012
13 in 2011

*all up to round 14

Harry O

Juniors
Imagine if the Vegas venture takes off next year?
Probably have a team there in the not to distance future..
Any names for the franchise?
Here's mine.
The Las Vegas Bears..

Latest posts