What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

pax for dogs v parra is 26776

That's very encouraging!!

The Bulldogs King's Birthday public holiday game has historically had considerably lower crowds (20,925 since inception in 2015) than Good Friday (average 36,002 since inception in 2012), ANZAC Day (average 33,314 since inception in 2002) and Easter Monday (average 32,892 since inception in 2012).

Part of that is due to the Bulldogs' prolonged poor form, and part of it due to their opponent being in similarly bad form (Dragons til last year).

Anything over the 20,925 average is a win this year, and anything over 30,000 is a great result.

Even though the pax is higher than where the Good Friday game was (with more days left to sell tickets), I wouldn't be surprised if the crowd is slightly less as there won't be the same walk up demand from the Royal Easter Show.

Vibing

Juniors
GA areas for the Raiders game have sold out.

I don't think that has happened for some time - doing it for a 6pm Friday game is pretty epic.
Im struggling to remember outside of a final when it may have

here are the biggest H&A
Im thinking it would be the Roosters in the final round of 2003

25253Canberra v WestsBruce21-Aug-1994
24801Canberra v BrisbaneBruce06-Aug-1993
24781Canberra v ManlyBruce21-May-1995
24460Canberra v St GeorgeBruce25-Aug-1991
23775Canberra v BrisbaneBruce26-Jun-1994
23740Canberra v BrisbaneBruce28-Apr-1995
23603Canberra v Sydney RoostersBruce09-Jul-2000
23252Canberra v BalmainBruce13-May-1990
22891Canberra v ManlyBruce24-Apr-1994
22813Canberra v Sydney RoostersBruce07-Sep-2003
22257Canberra v St GeorgeBruce16-Mar-1990
21255Canberra v MelbourneBruce26-Aug-2006
20445Canberra v St George IllawarraBruce22-Aug-2010
20411Canberra v ParramattaBruce22-Aug-1993
20265Canberra v ManlyBruce25-Aug-2019
20229Canberra v CanterburyBruce05-Aug-1994
20122Canberra v BrisbaneBruce05-Mar-1999
20089Canberra v ParramattaBruce17-Apr-2021
19530Canberra v Sydney RoostersBruce11-Aug-2019
[Top]

EuroNymous

Juniors
That's very encouraging!!

The Bulldogs King's Birthday public holiday game has historically had considerably lower crowds (20,925 since inception in 2015) than Good Friday (average 36,002 since inception in 2012), ANZAC Day (average 33,314 since inception in 2002) and Easter Monday (average 32,892 since inception in 2012).

Part of that is due to the Bulldogs' prolonged poor form, and part of it due to their opponent being in similarly bad form (Dragons til last year).

Anything over the 20,925 average is a win this year, and anything over 30,000 is a great result.

Even though the pax is higher than where the Good Friday game was (with more days left to sell tickets), I wouldn't be surprised if the crowd is slightly less as there won't be the same walk up demand from the Royal Easter Show.
looks like they pushing hard for big crowd

use KINGS23 if you wanna go to the game

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm a newby here and not as intelligent as you guys are. Yes I've made mistakes and said things I shouldn't have, but that's what happens when you're a dumbass like me. Sometimes on social media PEOPLE say things about our game and I tend to go off my nuts, I suppose that's the hot blooded culture i was raised in.
So I'll tell you abit about me.
I'm a proud Turkish/ Australian.
My favourite sport was soccer and I was a Fenerbahçe fan and when we played Galatasaray, it had the same atmosphere as State of Origin.
So in saying that, when i seen Rugby League for the first time I fell in love with it. And I ditched soccer for good. Bye bye Charlie to soccer, you'll never be as good as Rugby League.
Great that you have come on board to RL Harry and I love your passion. I love the fact you have grown to love RL and it is now your chosen sport.
But comparing SOO atmosphere to the Istanbul derby is a bit of a stretch. Just sayin'.

Vibing

Juniors
Great that you have come on board to RL Harry and I love your passion. I love the fact you have grown to love RL and it is now your chosen sport.
But comparing SOO atmosphere to the Istanbul derby is a bit of a stretch. Just sayin'.

you're right
the Origin is way better

westerntiger

Juniors
One of the good things about rugby league (and most sport in Australia) is the lack of sectarianism and vile chanting. Someone at the FA Cup I think last week wore a jersey making fun of the Hillsborough stampede

Harry O

Juniors

This is correct, they're absolutely mental when it comes to soccer, and they go far as killing people aswell for the love of their teams.
Thank God Rugby League doesn't have this issue in Australia with crazy idiots.

The 2000 UEFA Cup semi-final violence in Istanbul, Turkey, between fans of English football team Leeds United and Turkish team Galatasaray on 5 April 2000, the day before the first match of their UEFA Cup semi-final, led to two Leeds fans being stabbed to death by Galatasaray fans. I'm sure this has happened in the Turkish League aswell, from Besiktas,Galatasaray,Fenerbacha, fans. The three most powerful teams in Turkey

Pneuma

First Grade
the phrases

talk of the town
hottest ticket in town
all anyone is talking about

all apply in our national capital this week , its been a little bit crazy tbh for a club game
coinciding with the Raiders breaking their membership record , 23,533
all in one week
& the game to come
the joint is buzzing
Love your work brother

nko11

Juniors
Going by ticket sales, might be lucky to get over 10k tonight. Really think the NRL should bring in an initiative for thursdays, where a limited amount of tickets are available for cheap. Say 5000 for $5. Thursdays are a hard sell with $33+ a ticket.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
the phrases

talk of the town
hottest ticket in town
all anyone is talking about

all apply in our national capital this week , its been a little bit crazy tbh for a club game
coinciding with the Raiders breaking their membership record , 23,533
all in one week
& the game to come
the joint is buzzing
The Warriors are going to have to be on their game with this one. Could get ugly.