What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

APPSY

Juniors
Gold Coast really seems to have turned a corner this year despite still struggling on the field. This fixture last year would have been lucky to get 12-13k. It’ll be interesting to see if they can keep it up next year.
Gotta owe it to the few thousand titans fans that keep showing up week in, week out. Plus it helps playing 1st in a city full of people who'll hop on the bandwagon

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Gotta owe it to the few thousand titans fans that keep showing up week in, week out. Plus it helps playing 1st in a city full of people who'll hop on the bandwagon
Gold Coast really seems to have turned a corner this year despite still struggling on the field. This fixture last year would have been lucky to get 12-13k. It’ll be interesting to see if they can keep it up next year.
They've really turned the corner crowd wise and I hope they get round 2 at home vs Manly next year (given that Manly will be in Vegas round 1). The media will provide marketing for it due to Hasler's appointment and they'll no doubt drag up the DCE signing for added spice. I think it would draw an enormous crowd.

Iamback

Coach
So what's the general consensus regarding calculating home game averages? I personally believe that we should include magic round as we inclue games at neutral venues (Darwin, etc.) as home games for teams. At the same time though, a counter argument could be to include that game into the average for all teams that played.

I think 2 columns

Games at x home stadium
Total home average

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I have no issue with it being counted at the full announced crowd for each game, not divided up over 2/3 games that day like some do. We don’t divide an NRL crowd by 2 because there is an NRLW game played before it. Magic round and double headers are designed to have all clubs involved playing in front of big crowds, that should be embraced.

It does make the averages a bit misleading but at the end of the day it’s easy enough to break it down in to all home games and home games at major venue.
I've always thought that the NRL gets it right listing the individual attendances at Magic Rd like they do because:

a) that's how many were in attendance for the game and;
b) even if the same 40k stayed and watched the next game, they still had to pay for the second game or buy a day pass which is priced according to cover the amount of games on, so there were tickets to both games sold.

Pretty good effort for what is on the whole turning out to be an ordinary year on the field.
Because they’ll miss the finals and were expected to do much better
Missing the finals doesn't necessarily equate to "ordinary on the field". Cowboys have played some great attacking football this year. QCB stadium always looks terrific. Games like Cowboys v Dolphins or Cowboys v Broncos don't become "ordinary" simply because the home team loses.

SouthsCountry

Juniors
GWS outdrew Wests today, was hoping it wouldn't happen this year but it did :(

They have to stop playing at Commbank...they'd even get better crowds at Accor for crying out loud.

Home games from next year should be:
Campbelltown (5), Leichhardt (5), Accor (1: Easter/non-Easter year v Canterbury) and Tamworth (1)

Dark Corner

Juniors

They have to stop playing at Commbank...they'd even get better crowds at Accor for crying out loud.

Campbelltown (5), Leichhardt (5), Accor (1: Easter/non-Easter year v Canterbury) and Tamworth (1)
Or maybe they should just move out of Sydney for good.

Bukowski

Juniors

They Averaged less than 10k at Campbo this year. Nothing wrong with commbank.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
I think the Titans` crowds would have been helped by the rise of that young Campbell fella and the winger Pereira both of whom are home grown and real crowd pleasers, throw in Brimson, Tino, Clarke and Fifita who have both been trying their guts out, and I`m not surprised the Titans have got a bump with their crowds. Dessie coming next year also tells the fans the club is serious and has added to the sense of optimism that is around the club at the moment.

Brian potter

Bench

Ridiculous amount of home venues.