What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 England-France double header, Warrington (Sat 29 Apr)

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
England (W) v France (W)
at Halliwell Jones Stadium, Warrington
Sat 29 Apr 2pm BST (Sky) / 11pm AEST

England (M) v France (M)
at Halliwell Jones Stadium, Warrington
Sat 29 Apr 4:30pm BST (Sky)
Sun 30 Apr 1:30am AEST

Squad lists and officials: click here.

At the time of posting, no indication of any Australia-based coverage of these tests.

Coastbloke

Bench
It’s on the Foxtel programme guide now. Both the men’s and the other one..Men’s on about 2am Sunday or so..

taste2taste

Juniors
The question is how do you sell the world cup to the French public when thier team is going to get beaten by 50?

The games are going to have to be played in small stadiums with cheap tickets.

After not making a profit on last year's WC I can't imagine they'll make a profit in 2025. This almost guarantees the 2029 WC will be back in Aus / NZ to guarantee some income. And the possibly USA in 2033

Coastbloke

Bench
I recorded it watch later. Get up. Grab a coffee and there you go.! What’s the point. And the crowd? I’m guessing the score line was expected

Perth Red

Post Whore
Got to feel for English RL. Australia dont want to play and France cant give them a game. Heres hoping Tongan tour is a success!

Brian potter

Bench
Got to feel for English RL. Australia dont want to play and France cant give them a game. Heres hoping Tongan tour is a success!
Mate they’re talking about bringing back games like the exiles and all stars for England.

some are even talking about bringing back the war of the roses series. lol!!!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Mate they’re talking about bringing back games like the exiles and all stars for England.

some are even talking about bringing back the war of the roses series. lol!!!!
I think for mid season a war of the roses style origin series would probably be more beneficial for England development than one sided one off tests. There was a lot of young telnet named in the England squad that didnt even get to play.

Brian potter

Bench
I think for mid season a war of the roses style origin series would probably be more beneficial for England development than one sided one off tests. There was a lot of young telnet named in the England squad that didnt even get to play.
A war of the roses series is a backwards step for me. England need to be playing France in France for the foreseeable future.

As for the young talent that didn’t get a game that is what the England knights are for.

Perth Red

Post Whore
A war of the roses series is a backwards step for me. England need to be playing France in France for the foreseeable future.

As for the young talent that didn’t get a game that is what the England knights are for.
Im saying as well as, not instead of. The more higher intensity (something France cant offer at the moment) games england players get to play the better they will become International event time. Just need to get the roses game done properly, not half arsed like previous attempts.

Coastbloke

Bench
I dunno, there is ‘something’ happening in English rugby league. Everybody thought Samoa was going to smash England in the RLWC Opener.

Then St Helen’s v Penrith.

Then this weekend. I dead set expected about 30-14 for the Test..

MKCS

Juniors

Could a best of three annual series between England and the rest of Europe lead to competitive games? Genuinely asking as I don't follow too much of Europe.

England could field a full strength team consisting of the likes of Tomkins, Dom Young, Farnworth, Welsby, Williams, Burgess, Bateman, Radley etc

Rest Of Europe could field a team consisting of the best of Europe plus some of the NRL players who played for European nations in the last World Cup, coming to mind right now are players like Keary, Nathan Brown, Lachlan Illias, Aitken etc.

Writing this out just now I still think England would be too classy for them but you never know with big name players in some key positions...