What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 26-24 Brisbane @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Brisbane

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 62 72.9%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Don’t reckon you can overstate the effect the weather conditions had on the game. I was at work this arvo and because we work outside with cranes the heat and wind conditions are something we monitor closely, and we knew the southerly wind change was gonna come through in the second half, and give whoever was running from the south end in the final quarter a significant advantage. Before that when it was hot the norwester was favouring the side running from the other end meaning Penrith had the advantage of the wind for 3/4 of the game and the other quarter was when Mam scored his hat trick and Brisbane were well on top.
If Penrith won the toss and chose that direction to run from at the start it was likely a decision that won the the premiership.

Brutus

Referee
Sad thing about such a great grand final that we witnessed was that the commentators were stepping over each other verbal wise as if it was a running Footy Show. Just continual shit talking throughout the game instead of calling it.

Nothing could have been worse than the shit talking during the State Championship game today. Gus Gould has no interest in these types of games and it shows in his commentary. He and Cam Smith forgot there was a game being played at times. I got sick of it and switched over to Fox and the commentary was much better. I like Gus on 100% Footy but keep him well away from anything that isn't NRL or Origin.

Latest posts