What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 26-24 Brisbane @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Brisbane

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 62 72.9%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

some11

Referee
First half when your mob had all the running it seemed like Cleary and Luai were not on the same page. A lot of disorganised footy and nothing plays (with poor last tackle options). Luai leaving the field seemed to be a turning point for their attack.
All the evidence the panthers' front office need to cut him loose

Reflector

Juniors
Had money on the Broncos because I figured maybe (just maybe) their enthusiasm would get them over the line, so call me a hater all you like. Also just got home from the local establishment with a reasonable amount of beverages under my belt so forgive the spelling-

There was a Panthers fan sitting near me and these eshays were giving him shit early in the second half. I leaned in and said to him that even if they were 14 or 16 points down, Penrith could find a way because they have composure. Later (after the match) I saw him in the beer garden and he was happy as Larry and I reminded him of what I said. Totally sounded like Gus Gould self-fellating after a game that turns out how he says, but I was right

To the Broncos fans, this is what it was like supporting NSW circa 2006-2013. You have a team with the enthusiasm and the talent and (in flashes) they are amazing. But you are playing a side with winning in their DNA. Has nothing to do with a lack of passion or heart, just comes down to composure and experience in those key moments. Tonight was for Brisbane what 2020 was for Penrith- came close but fell short against a team who beat you on experience. Walsh is just 20 years old, he has plenty of time to grow into his potential- look at Ponga. Just got beaten by a more experienced side who kept their cool.

Disappointed to (essentially) flush $100 down the toilet tonight because I am a romantic who thought maybe the Broncos could do it- and looked like they could after Ezra's 10 minutes of magic. At the same time, happy to see Cleary shut the haters up. He IS a big game player, and deserves every accolade he's got so far.

Enjoy the night/ morning Panthers, don't suffocate on the cloud of smug farts.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
"haha"

im going to die
im-in-dange-the-simpsons.gif

some11

Referee
Tonight was for Brisbane what 2020 was for Penrith- came close but fell short against a team who beat you on experience.
Penrith never lead that game.

Broncos were up by 16 and just sat back and watched penrith score three tries.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Nathan Cleary exposed how bad Walsh is as defensive fullback. Kid can only get better, but his liability was exposed in the second half.

Yeah, yeah great in attack, exposed by I am guessing both Cleary's.

Poor Ezra, three tries yet another bloke deserves MoM.

Iamback

Coach
I'm in bits haha. Sad for the club, and all the supporters. Couldn't believe how many of us were there, it felt like 65 v 35.

It is always hard to tell because a high percentage of our fanbase wear the pink, If it was all black then these things are easier.

I did notice a high amount of neutral fans wearing other teams jerseys