What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 26-24 Brisbane @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Brisbane

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 62 72.9%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reflector

Juniors
Can you not lump all us QLDers into the Bronco love basket?

There's a huge portion of the state that would rather see them get another spoon than a Provan-Summons........
The 2020 Broncos v Cowboys game thread for the final round was a thing of beauty...

mozza91

Coach
I’m all for hanging shit on Penrith but this whole using blockers to stop the defenders getting Cleary is a pisstake.

Every team does it to some degree. To single out Penrith as if they’re the only side doing or even the biggest offender is incorrect and shows a basic lack of knowledge of the game. So no surprise it’s come from Crawley.

beave

Coach
The 2020 Broncos v Cowboys game thread for the final round was a thing of beauty...
I made this wooden spoon out of ply wood the arvo of the game and smuggled it in to Suncorp behind my back underneath my Cowbs jersey........

Once we went ahead by a fair bit on the scoreboard and their fate was sealed, she got some good use........

IMG_9715.jpeg

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I’m all for hanging shit on Penrith but this whole using blockers to stop the defenders getting Cleary is a pisstake.

Every team does it to some degree. To single out Penrith as if they’re the only side doing or even the biggest offender is incorrect and shows a basic lack of knowledge of the game. So no surprise it’s come from Crawley.
They make up stuff to have a talking point. Like NRL 360 raking the gutter to say that Penrith has won 16/17 under Adam Gee's whistle, and something like 71/87 without...which is just filth. The DT also has 'Brisbane's worst nightmare' talking about the referee appointment. It's pathetic.

There's nothing in the blockers. And who cares if there is, anyway - that's such a minor part of our game. No one charges down kicks. Yes it forces them potentially to rush a bit if the chasers have a clearer path, but negligible. Anyone who gives a shit about league and knows the game wouldn't care less, and I suggest the referees aren't all of a sudden going to start blowing the pea in a GF because Paul 'I live up Ricky Stuart's bum' Crawley points it out

Iamback

Coach

If we dropped him exclusives to him or went on shows like his brother wants, then he'd talk us up.

That is the problem with sports media in this country

mxlegend99

Referee
Its funny. Tallis accuses Penrith of rorting the cap because he says its impossible to win the comp without doing so. Which is indirectly saying Broncos were rorting the cap when he won it and if they win it this year they must also be rorting the cap.

He did it in defence of the Storm though rather than an attack on Panthers. But f**k me dead the merkin takes some weird stances.

That and being against punching in footy after Gallen decked Myles are my 2 favourites. It's like the dipshit forgot he ever played and what he did while playing.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Its funny. Tallis accuses Penrith of rorting the cap because he says its impossible to win the comp without doing so. Which is indirectly saying Broncos were rorting the cap when he won it and if they win it this year they must also be rorting the cap.

He did it in defence of the Storm though rather than an attack on Panthers. But f**k me dead the merkin takes some weird stances.

That and being against punching in footy after Gallen decked Myles are my 2 favourites. It's like the dipshit forgot he ever played and what he did while playing.
Watched a podcast clip this week with Choc Mundine openly admitting Brisbane paid him extra cash outside the cap

soc123_au

Staff member
They make up stuff to have a talking point. Like NRL 360 raking the gutter to say that Penrith has won 16/17 under Adam Gee's whistle, and something like 71/87 without...which is just filth. The DT also has 'Brisbane's worst nightmare' talking about the referee appointment. It's pathetic.

There's nothing in the blockers. And who cares if there is, anyway - that's such a minor part of our game. No one charges down kicks. Yes it forces them potentially to rush a bit if the chasers have a clearer path, but negligible. Anyone who gives a shit about league and knows the game wouldn't care less, and I suggest the referees aren't all of a sudden going to start blowing the pea in a GF because Paul 'I live up Ricky Stuart's bum' Crawley points it out
I saw something earlier on FB showing the stats under Gee since 2014 for both teams. I haven't verified them, but it was claimed 37% win for us and over 60% for them. Given we only missed the finals twice in that time I'm not sure it's accurate, but if it is Broncos should be cheering.

The blockers bit got a good run in 21 as well. Didn't work then either. The best bit was half the footage they used Yeo didn't move an inch.

It amazes me people still lap their shit up, it's laughable.

lynx000

Juniors
Watched a podcast clip this week with Choc Mundine openly admitting Brisbane paid him extra cash outside the cap
Two things, my apologies for interrupting your rant:

1. This is Mundine, I would take anything he says with a large industrial size grain of salt. I hope you are able to remember some of the utter BS that has come out of his mouth.

2. This was the Superleague year, I am not sure that there was a salary cap for the Superleague sides.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Two things, my apologies for interrupting your rant:

1. This is Mundine, I would take anything he says with a large industrial size grain of salt. I hope you are able to remember some of the utter BS that has come out of his mouth.

2. This was the Superleague year, I am not sure that there was a salary cap for the Superleague sides.
Andrew Gee.....case closed

Latest posts