What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 26-24 Brisbane @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Brisbane

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 62 72.9%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iamback

Coach
Can you not lump all us QLDers into the Bronco love basket?

There's a huge portion of the state that would rather see them get another spoon than a Provan-Summons........

Sorry but you know the Courier Mail will be all full of such comments.

no name

Coach
GF week so I thought I’ll tune onto NRL 360 to get some hype about the game.
Holy f**k, what a bunch of miserable merkins talking every aspect of the game down.
Also lol @ the earlier comment that Tallis doesn’t particularly like the Broncos. Tonight he was talking about ‘if we win’ in regards to the Bronx.

mxlegend99

Referee
I love how they focus on Panthers stats through our dominant period to suggest Gee gives us an advantage. When if you include all of our games under him we're barely above 60% win rate. Before 2019 we almost never won under him.

Panthers and Broncos both have one loss under Gee this year. Panthers was to the f**king Tigers. Broncos was to Penrith.

Our win rate at or near full strength would be above 90% the past 4 years. So unless he refereed us at Origin time ofcourse our stats will be in line with that.

Likewise if we get the same ref or two around Origin. Our win rate under them would appear to be lower when realistically that result was happening regardless of the referee.

Just like the media trying to make out like Panthers block Nathan... Go watch every other f**king team and they all do the same thing. Some teams are much more obvious about it too. They have a bloke stand next to the play the ball and make it that bit harder to get through. First set of Broncos vs Warriors game AFB shoulders the Broncos marker trying to get through. Second set entire Broncos team are ahead of Reynolds for the kick and Cobbo hits CNK an hour before he had the ball. But right through the game Reynolds is getting similar defensive efforts to protect him too. That's the way the game is... and refs seem to allow it because it reduces the amount of hits a kicker cops while kicking.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Just like the media trying to make out like Panthers block Nathan... Go watch every other f**king team and they all do the same thing. Some teams are much more obvious about it too. They have a bloke stand next to the play the ball and make it that bit harder to get through. First set of Broncos vs Warriors game AFB shoulders the Broncos marker trying to get through. Second set entire Broncos team are ahead of Reynolds for the kick and Cobbo hits CNK an hour before he had the ball. But right through the game Reynolds is getting similar defensive efforts to protect him too. That's the way the game is... and refs seem to allow it because it reduces the amount of hits a kicker cops while kicking.

I saw this on 360 and I dont know what the Panthers players were supposed to do in that Melbourne game. I swear they (the jurnos) brought this up in 2021 and last year. Its really boring they're trying to make a big story about it.

Wb1234

Referee
Great attacking side vs a great defensive side the great defensive side always wins

broncos have played three games in Sydney all year

it’s Penriths fourth straight gf

between the dally m, the gf breakfast and the whole week the broncos are going to struggle

and on paper I think the broncos are more talented too but I can’t see a competitive game

Penrith have too much experience broncos to build for next year

then there was this

Reece Walsh lairing it up at Suncorp will be front and centre for luai and the other panthers

mxlegend99

Referee
I saw this on 360 and I dont know what the Panthers players were supposed to do in that Melbourne game. I swear they (the jurnos) brought this up in 2021 and last year. Its really boring they're trying to make a big story about it.
Atleast Keary I think it was basically said everyone tries to do it and as a current player he didnt seem to think it was a big deal either.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Great attacking side vs a great defensive side the great defensive side always wins

broncos have played three games in Sydney all year

it’s Penriths fourth straight gf

between the dally m, the gf breakfast and the whole week the broncos are going to struggle

and on paper I think the broncos are more talented too but I can’t see a competitive game

Penrith have too much experience broncos to build for next year

then there was this

Reece Walsh lairing it up at Suncorp will be front and centre for luai and the other panthers
Position for position we have them covered in almost every spot. Unless Luai or Tago goes down early

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Atleast Keary I think it was basically said everyone tries to do it and as a current player he didnt seem to think it was a big deal either.
Yeo was there and in the way and does move towards them in some cases but Melbourne were also diving at Yeo trying to milk it

Iamback

Coach
GF week so I thought I’ll tune onto NRL 360 to get some hype about the game.
Holy f**k, what a bunch of miserable merkins talking every aspect of the game down.
Also lol @ the earlier comment that Tallis doesn’t particularly like the Broncos. Tonight he was talking about ‘if we win’ in regards to the Bronx.

That is the point us Panther fans are making, you don't have to like us but don't use agenda's too talk the game down

Latest posts