What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 26-24 Brisbane @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Brisbane

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 62 72.9%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wb1234

Referee
looking at the match ups

fullback. Walsh over edwards
Half back even
Five eight luai
Hooker I’d take Walters

haas over whoever vs him at Penrith

the broncos have a great team on paper it’s just a year too early imo

it’s still a very young side the only issue is the salary cap is starting to bite

Cobbo moves to centre next year for farnworth

soc123_au

Staff member
looking at the match ups

Half back even
Five eight luai
Hooker I’d take Walters

it’s still a very young side the only issue is the salary cap is starting to bite

Fullback it really depends on what the team needs. Walsh wins on talent and attack, but Edwards in a big game is hard to go past. I'm obviously biased, but he would be my first pick if choosing a team from players in both squads.

There is no huge gulf between any of the matchups in the starting sides really. You could make an argument either way on most of them. I think our bench is substantially better though.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
looking at the match ups

Half back even
Five eight luai
Hooker I’d take Walters

f**k me what a terrible take

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
looking at the match ups

Half back even
Five eight luai
Hooker I’d take Walters

WB1234 has already started drinking for Sundays game...

looking at the match ups

Half back even
Five eight luai
Hooker I’d take Walters

Haas and Fleger v Fisher-Harris and Leota. I'd give a slight edge to the Panthers as whilst Haas is great, Flegler is no where near as good as Fisher-Harris nor Leota in my opinion.

Wb1234

Referee
Fullback it really depends on what the team needs. Walsh wins on talent and attack, but Edwards in a big game is hard to go past. I'm obviously biased, but he would be my first pick if choosing a team from players in both squads.

There is no huge gulf between any of the matchups in the starting sides really. You could make an argument either way on most of them. I think our bench is substantially better though.
Yeh the match ups are close across the park

broncos experience is where they fall down massively

Fangs

Coach
Pack match up is a very good one and its truly where the game will be won. Both work well as a unit but Penrith have been doing it for much longer.

I think Penrith have the edge on the bench. Particularly when it comes to experience. Penrith with 248 v 136 games total.

Pack match up is a very good one and its truly where the game will be won. Both work well as a unit but Penrith have been doing it for much longer.

I think Penrith have the edge on the bench. Particularly when it comes to experience. Penrith with 248 v 136 games total.

Indeed. When one of Fisher-Harris or Leota is off, having the ability to bring on a prop of the quality of Spencer Leniu for them is an advantage.

Be interesting to see if Garner is in the final 17 for the match, or if Ivan brings in Hosking to be on the bench. garner is a good line runner, but Hosking is better at it and is a better defender too.

Indeed. When one of Fisher-Harris or Leota is off, having the ability to bring on a prop of the quality of Spencer Leniu for them is an advantage.

Be interesting to see if Garner is in the final 17 for the match, or if Ivan brings in Hosking to be on the bench. garner is a good line runner, but Hosking is better at it and is a better defender too.
I imagine Pgarner v Hoskings will depend on how confident they are around Tago.

Iamback

Coach

Garner is back coverage too. Only way Hosking could play was to take Cogger out of the 17, which won't happen

Nutz

Bench
looking at the match ups

Half back even
Five eight luai
Hooker I’d take Walters

I think the big plus for the Broncos is Reynolds. Halves win NRL games these days and he is one of the best going around.
I think without him Penrith would be too good. So now with the halfs squared I believe the Broncos forwards will match the Panthers and their backs overall have the edge. Especially with Walsh as he's lightening.
The Bookies have them at $2.24 which is good odds imo.

Nutz

Bench

I saw somewhere that Garner is in??
He would be a good benchie because he can cover practically every position except dummy half. He has some toe too for a big fella.

Latest posts