What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 26-24 Brisbane @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Brisbane

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 62 72.9%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So in the past 12 months Walsh has been in shit for doing Cocaine. Suspended for abusing match officials and has threatened a fans mother.

Yet they're talking him up as being the face to promote the game internationally.

Although to be fair if we want to promote the game in America we probably need guys with a bit more serious rap sheets.

Well they would have gone with Nathan Cleary but he’s all chin and no face.

skeepe

Immortal
So in the past 12 months Walsh has been in shit for doing Cocaine. Suspended for abusing match officials and has threatened a fans mother.

Yet they're talking him up as being the face to promote the game internationally.

Although to be fair if we want to promote the game in America we probably need guys with a bit more serious rap sheets.
Animated GIF

Maroon4life

Juniors
You’d expect all the panthers players will keep their mothers at home if they know what’s good for them, Walsh doesn’t play

Pantherjim.

Referee
This surprises me.

Souths were the ARL-loyal, working class grassroots club who took on News Limited in the courts after they were booted from the comp and won off the back of people power.

The Broncos, by comparison, are Murdoch's team...

And Penrith are no different; they fell for the Super League bandwagon hook, line and sinker. But despite the fact that I despise the Murdochracy, I’m hardly going to turn my back on the club I’ve been following since I was a nipper in the 80’s just because they signed on with a Murdoch product.

But then I’m pretty sure I mentioned that I have no genuine dislike of the Bunnies. Some of their supporters (including a mate of mine) act like entitled tossers with chips on their shoulders. But the only reason I turned the knife when we beat the Bunnies in the 2021 GF were because Rusty and Wayne Bennet were carrying on like complete pork chops in the lead up to same,

Pantherjim.

Referee
The riff echo chamber in here is so entertaining

Perhaps I’m one of the only ones here who thinks that as a professional sportsman in the public domain, Reece Walsh has a responsibility to show restraint when some kid sledges him and handle it more appropriately than retaliating by telling the kid “he’ll knock his Mum’s block off”?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Perhaps I’m one of the only ones here who thinks that as a professional sportsman in the public domain, Reece Walsh has a responsibility to show restraint when some kid sledges him and handle it more appropriately than retaliating by telling the kid “he’ll knock his Mum’s block off”?
I don't disagree with you, and would have preferred it if Walsh just laughed and kept walking. But I'm not going to get offended by a 'your mumma' joke directed at some eshay teen either.

Pantherjim.

Referee
I don't disagree with you, and would have preferred it if Walsh just laughed and kept walking. But I'm not going to get offended by a 'your mumma' joke directed at some eshay teen either.

A more appropriate way to deal with the situation would be for Walsh to turn around and confront the young lad with: “Bro, that’s not cool! Why would you honestly want that? It constitutes a high tackle which means Moses would potentially get 10 in the bin or worse, we get a penalty, better field position and someone like me could score the GF winning try against your club, or didn’t you think about that Bro?”

That would go a whole lot further to making this young idiot think about his actions and improving the credibility of Walsh and Brisbane as a team as opposed to what Walsh actually did, wouldn’t you agree?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
A more appropriate way to deal with the situation would be for Walsh to turn around and confront the young lad with: “Bro, that’s not cool! Why would you honestly want that? It constitutes a high tackle which means Moses would potentially get 10 in the bin or worse, we get a penalty, better field position and someone like me could score the GF winning try against your club, or didn’t you think about that Bro?”

That would go a whole lot further to making this young idiot think about his actions and improving the credibility of Walsh and Brisbane as a team as opposed to what Walsh actually did, wouldn’t you agree?
He's Reece Walsh, not Oprah Winfrey.

Latest posts