What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 26-24 Brisbane @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Brisbane

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 62 72.9%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lockyno1

Post Whore
Perhaps I’m one of the only ones here who thinks that as a professional sportsman in the public domain, Reece Walsh has a responsibility to show restraint when some kid sledges him and handle it more appropriately than retaliating by telling the kid “he’ll knock his Mum’s block off”?

lol this thing about them being models again my word. Who actually cares what footy players say

Reactions: gUt

Pantherjim.

Referee
He's Reece Walsh, not Oprah Winfrey.

He’s a professional Sportsman. He’s gonna get sledged. He needs to learn how to deal with it in a professional manner.

If Jarome Luai had done the same thing it would be torches and pitchforks from the media and the general public, baying for his blood.

Walsh should take a leaf out of Adam Goodes book with the way he responded to that little racist Collingwood toe-rag when she called him an “Ape” onfield which was infinitely worse.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
He’s a professional Sportsman. He’s gonna get sledged. He needs to learn how to deal with it in a professional manner.

If Jarome Luai had done the same thing it would be torches and pitchforks from the media and the general public, baying for his blood.

Walsh should take a leaf out of Adam Goodes book with the way he responded to that little racist Collingwood toe-rag when she called him an “Ape” onfield which was infinitely worse.
"If JaRoMe LuAi DiD iT" -- the same people that say that were staunchly defending Luai for his "Thas my N".

Like I said earlier in the thread, they are both gronks. Walshy will hopefully learn, and I expect him to mellow by the ripe old age of Luai. As for you, apply your night cream old man and chill the f out.

lockyno1

Post Whore
So you think it’s cool for a grommet like Walsh to allow some stupid kid to get under his skin to the extent that he threatens to do something to the kid’s Mother?

works both ways if you can’t take it don’t say it in the first place. It’s hilarious this is even news in the first place.

Pantherjim.

Referee
"If JaRoMe LuAi DiD iT" -- the same people that say that were staunchly defending Luai for his "Thas my N".

Yeah, I do actually. If you know anything about Pacific Islander-Australian culture amongst outer-western Sydney suburbs like Mount Druitt, Rooty Hill, Doonside etc you’d realise that colloquialisms like that are not only common, but widely socially acceptable with no one in those areas of Sydney even remotely giving a shit.
Like I said earlier in the thread, they are both gronks. Walshy will hopefully learn, and I expect him to mellow by the ripe old age of Luai. As for you, apply your night cream old man and chill the f out.
At this point, Walsh is a much bigger gronk than Luai.

Walsh let a teenage Penrith fan get under his skin with some innocuous comment about “one of our Props knocking his head off in the GF” to the extent that he made threats of physical harm against that Penrith fan’s Mother.

The worst crime that Luai has committed thus far is telling dickheads on Instagram giving him death threats, to “get to bed as they have work in the morning”

If you can’t discern the difference, you either need to take off your broncos-coloured glasses or you’re a dickhead of the highest order.

Pantherjim.

Referee
works both ways if you can’t take it don’t say it in the first place. It’s hilarious this is even news in the first place.

If you can’t take a sledge from some teenage f*cktard in a Panthers Jersey without retaliating with personal threats against said f*cktards Mum, perhaps you shouldn’t be representing Brisbane or Queensland as a champion fullback, much less touted as a better Fullback than Dylan Edwards or the “Face of the NRL”?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
If you can’t take a sledge from some teenage f*cktard in a Panthers Jersey without retaliating with personal threats against said f*cktards Mum, perhaps you shouldn’t be representing Brisbane or Queensland as a champion fullback, much less touted as a better Fullback than Dylan Edwards or the “Face of the NRL”?
Better borrow some of Cleary's chin - Dylan couldn't change a pillow case!

If you can’t discern the difference, you either need to take off your broncos-coloured glasses or you’re a dickhead of the highest order.

Like I said, they are both gronks. You can measure the dicks and determine who you think is worse all you want, I commented on the hilarity that is this thread being a Riff echo chamber, and you have continued that, so thanks!!

I personally don’t think the interaction is news.

What I really wanted to know though is what happened 5 minutes before the filming to a) convince the Bronco management that getting Reece the hell out of there flanked by two security guards was the course of action required and b) leave Reece so amped that he needed to respond to a pretty pathetic sledge from an adolescent.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Oh careful might hurt the fans feeling lol. Can always not say it in the first place must have been brought up well hurling words at players. Hilarious the bloke had a sook. They are footy players that’s it

Pantherjim.

Referee
Oh careful might hurt the fans feeling lol. Can always not say it in the first place must have been brought up well hurling words at players. Hilarious the bloke had a sook. They are footy players that’s it

They are footy players who have signed a contract with a club that also ensures they have to sign and agree with a professional code of conduct from the National Rugby League. No more, no less.

gUt

Coach
So you think it’s cool for a grommet like Walsh to allow some stupid kid to get under his skin to the extent that he threatens to do something to the kid’s Mother?
Is this really an issue? He got sledged and sledged back. Jog on.

Clutch your f**kin pearls when you're watching Cliffy slip the CC medal past Walsh's delectable eyebrows, down over that perfect nose, past that Univeral kiss magnet and onto his supple chesticles.

Latest posts