What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 26-24 Brisbane @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Brisbane

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 62 72.9%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iamback

Coach
Reece Walsh has never played st Accor Stadium before.

Can anyone believe that.

Warriors didn't play there during his 2 year stint.

Broncos havent play there this year until next week and he missed origin 3 through suspension.

I mentioned it in the Penrith forum, Accor being slippery and the lack of playing there. Is going to hinder the flashy play

Generalzod

Immortal
I genuinely thought there would be an upset in one of the prelims, just shows how far ahead the two teams have been
Phil Gould thought it was a soft competition back in 2016 when the Sharks won their first premiership, yet the top 4 that year wher the Storm Canberra Sharks Cowboys, so would you think that the last 3 years were soft competition s, It’s just a discussion my thought are that who ever wins the comp they had to beat the best.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
to be fair, even when you guys were shite, you had a lot of awesome talent the most clubs could only dream of - it was just too young and too Seibolded. You should always be in/around the top 4 really.
That's true, but those Seibold years totally destroyed their psyche and most of them wanted to get away from the place. I expected a few more of them to walk.

Last edited:

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Brisbane by 4. This will be Panther's biggest test in the last 3 years I think. Parra in 2022 were absolute plod and while Souths 2021 weren't bad, I think Broncos 2023 are better.
Panthers are better too. Half the side was crocked in '21.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
We've beaten them already, we'll beat them again.

Not the result PENRITH fans wanted last night.
Probably so, but they knew they were getting it, Surely the same could be said of Friday night. Don't tell me you wouldn't rather be playing the Storm.

blaza88z

Coach
Probably so, but they knew they were getting it, Surely the same could be said of Friday night. Don't tell me you wouldn't rather be playing the Storm.

I get where you're coming from, Melbourne have been a genuine bogey side of ours though.

Love to hear why you say this
I am the same, want to play the Broncs.

3 reasons.
- Mostly because if we didn’t get to play them plenty on here would claim our (potential) grand final victory was hollow.
- more of a chance for an ambush from the Warriors. They are the good guys and Webster is well liked and respected at the Panthers. Potential for that to impact preparation. No such issues with that with the Broncs after Walters came out and said they deserved the MP as the best team (thanks for that Kevvie).
- lastly, if we win I will love to see the gormless look on Big Gordie face as he attempts the mental gymnastics required to not give the Panthers any credit at all.

blaza88z

Coach
I am the same, want to play the Broncs.

3 reasons.
- Mostly because if we didn’t get to play them plenty on here would claim our (potential) grand final victory was hollow.
- more of a chance for an ambush from the Warriors. They are the good guys and Webster is well liked and respected at the Panthers. Potential for that to impact preparation. No such issues with that with the Broncs after Walters came out and said they deserved the MP as the best team (thanks for that Kevvie).
- lastly, if we win I will love to see the gormless look on Big Gordie face as he attempts the mental gymnastics required to not give the Panthers any credit at all.

Tallis isn't the biased Broncos man you may think he is

blaza88z

Coach
Have you watched 360 recently? Might not be as pro-Broncos as he might be, but he is definitely anti-Penrith. The thought of them being referred to as the best team since the Eels is burning him up inside.

I think he's pro-QLD and wants a QLD side to be referred as the best team going around, I can't see why he would have it in for Penrith specifically