What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 26-24 Brisbane @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Brisbane

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 62 72.9%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
Actually excited to watch the GF for the first time in a long time. By far the best 2 teams of the year. Two very contrasting teams and whoever wins will be deserving premiers. The hardened professionals who know how to get it done against the exciting cocky young bucks out to displace them.

Brisbane were a bit loose last night however that’s the way they play and worth noting Penrith we’re two loose passes away from going on down at halftime.

I certainly don’t think Penrith will spank them like a lot are saying, they’re favourites for a reason but looking across the park Brisbane have plenty of guys who can worry them. Reynolds will isolate Rikki on Luai a lot better than Hughes did. The Penrith back 3 had some issues under the high ball the other night which would have been noted.

Luai wasn’t an attacking threat at all Friday, I saw him take the line on once. Everytime he got it he looked to play out and just crabbed back infield. They’ll need to come up with more this week. In defence he just threw himself at the legs and prayed to hold on. Staggs, Riki, Walsh will all be on that side.

Should be a cracking game. Brisbane by 4.

TheDMC

Bench
Now my warriors are out, I'm firmly on the Bronco's bandwagon, hope you beat the cyborgs. I don't like dynasties (sorry smugs).

Play like you did against us, with a few less mistakes and blatant forward passes, you will have a real shot.

TheDMC

Bench
I just can’t believe it. A few years ago I felt like it would be 5-10 years before we would be playing in a grand final. I watched every minute of us at our worst.

Truly in shock.
to be fair, even when you guys were shite, you had a lot of awesome talent the most clubs could only dream of - it was just too young and too Seibolded. You should always be in/around the top 4 really.

Adam Gee is a walkup certainty to be appointed as NRL Grand Final referee. Klein ruled himself out after his stuff ups in the Storm v Roosters emi, whilst Gerard Sutton ruled himself out missing one of the worst forward paasses I've ever seen last night. Gee last man standing due to having made the least mistakes in the finals.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Adam Gee is a walkup certainty to be appointed as NRL Grand Final referee. Klein ruled himself out after his stuff ups in the Storm v Roosters emi, whilst Gerard Sutton ruled himself out missing one of the worst forward paasses I've ever seen last night. Gee last man standing due to having made the least mistakes in the finals.
As long as its not Andrew Gee

King-Gutho94

Coach
Klein can still influence the game from the bunker.

Iamback

Coach
Actually excited to watch the GF for the first time in a long time. By far the best 2 teams of the year. Two very contrasting teams and whoever wins will be deserving premiers. The hardened professionals who know how to get it done against the exciting cocky young bucks out to displace them.

Brisbane were a bit loose last night however that’s the way they play and worth noting Penrith we’re two loose passes away from going on down at halftime.

I certainly don’t think Penrith will spank them like a lot are saying, they’re favourites for a reason but looking across the park Brisbane have plenty of guys who can worry them. Reynolds will isolate Rikki on Luai a lot better than Hughes did. The Penrith back 3 had some issues under the high ball the other night which would have been noted.

Luai wasn’t an attacking threat at all Friday, I saw him take the line on once. Everytime he got it he looked to play out and just crabbed back infield. They’ll need to come up with more this week. In defence he just threw himself at the legs and prayed to hold on. Staggs, Riki, Walsh will all be on that side.

Should be a cracking game. Brisbane by 4.

Cleary try isn't scored if Luai doesn't play
Not sure Cogger has the quick hands for the Edwards try.

We are a 12 point better side based on last week alone.

Latest posts