What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final Panthers vs Broncos

hindy111

Post Whore
Do guys in here rate these side better then last years grand final side?
Defensively I think its superior as Kenny and Sorenson get a lot more minutes and are better defenders then Api and Kikau.
Turuva is another level on Staines. Crighton and Spencer have gone up a gear. Everyone else is playing at a similar level but are more experienced. Nobody has declined.

Interesting to think about.

WestyLife

First Grade
Defensively I think its superior as Kenny and Sorenson get a lot more minutes and are better defenders then Api and Kikau.
Turuva is another level on Staines. Crighton and Spencer have gone up a gear. Everyone else is playing at a similar level but are more experienced. Nobody has declined.

The defence overall is great but needs to improve from the storm game a lot.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

No Api makes it a very easy decision

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Looks like Grand Final Day is going to be a hot one.
BOM is forecasting 35 degrees for next Sunday.
Least it won't rain which seems to be our Achilles' heel.
Go Panthers.

A day in a life

Wokeys up, get out of bed
Buy a comb and cut your hair
Find a way downstairs and drink a cup
Speed up girl or youre going to be late
(Ha ha ha)

Find your sarong, baseball cap
Jump on your ebike in seconds flat
Find your way upstairs and have a vape

Ivan Cleary spoke and I went into a dream…..

Smu ah ah ug
Ah ah ah-ah ah ah

Smuahg ah ag ha
ag ha ha
Aha aha!

da da da da da!

I read the news today oh boy..

Last edited:

tripster

Juniors
The Storm created three opportunities in the first half against us that the Broncos would have turned into tries.

One was early in the game - scores were 4-4 and the Storm easily created an overlap near our line and Olam dropped the ball cold. That was lucky in any circumstance.

The second was when Warbrick beat Luai and was in the clear before being caught. That would have been Cobbo with the Broncos and he either doesn’t get run down or passes to Walsh.

Storm created another opportunity when Grant made a break and passed and Cleary intercepted it.

Scores could very easily have been 18-18 at the end of the first half.

Our defence will need to be a lot better against the Broncos because they will convert nearly all line breaks into tries.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach

Four different sides in four different four grand finals.

Hard to compare really.

I think this years side had to evolve from the two obvious key losses.

Maybe let you know the answer about 9.30pm on Sunday night.

Kilkenny

Coach
The key to victory will be containing Brisbane’s offloads. This is what killed the Warriors, and us when we last played the Eels.
The Warriors first contact allowed the Broncos plenty of latitude to offload at will. We certainly won’t be as generous. I agree thou we will need to minimise the off loads, it is part of the reason the Eels have enjoyed some success against us.

I think the Cleary kicking game is the key along with high completion rate. Just pin them down get them bringing the ball back from inside there 20 each and every set is crucial.

That game against the storm was phenomenal.

That’s white hot interstellar form heading into a gf.

I can’t see the Bronco’s coming anywhere near the panthers. They lack the overall class and rely too heavily on a couple of Freaks.

Whereas the Panthers have true strike all across the park. Everywhere you look is not just quality but years of hardened footy learning. Speed, power, innate and sometimes otherworldly talent.

Martin broke through that line and instead of looking surprised, or panicking, he knows exactly where he’s going and what he has to do. The resulting try was comfortable and adroit.

Of the smug era, this is easily the strongest, fittest and smartest gf side.

The lead up has been easier, the boys look relaxed, will be well prepared.

We may well see a record.

And I hope Gus and co learn a solid lesson about loyalty. CC looks tired Gus.

Last edited:

BxTom

Bench
What worries me is that I cannot find anywhere on NRL.com acknowledgement of the forward pass. It's like they ignoring it. If Sutton gets the gig, put your money on the donkeys.

Kilkenny

Coach
What worries me is that I cannot find anywhere on NRL.com acknowledgement of the forward pass. It's like they ignoring it. If Sutton gets the gig, put your money on the donkeys.
No way Sutton gets the gig. Klein missed out this week after last week, there is no way they can give Sutton the job after that call last night.