What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final Panthers vs Broncos

Original Name

Juniors
Maybe, but I've lost count of the amount of times a flashy team has been beating up on very poor sides and our brick wall has made them look toothless.
Yeah I'm not saying they will or I'd tip them just that they have a decent chance.

The Realist

Juniors
Maybe, but I've lost count of the amount of times a flashy team has been beating up on very poor sides and our brick wall has made them look toothless.

At times yes, but Original Name was right. The Roosters were not playing well at the time which is also typical of a Robbo coached Roosters. They Nearly always start the season off slow and they really kicking into high gear around mid season. The thing about them in the last 4 or so years though is that they start to run out of steam toward the very end of the season. I hope THAT trend continues, because if they keep current form they have the game to crack us if we are not at 95%+.

Munky

Coach
The Sharks game showed that Pantherball destroys teams that have 'impact forwards' on the bench.

The Roosters have an incredible power game at the moment. However Walker and Keary's pop gun kicks saw Penrith start sets at the forty metre line with ease.

I'm keen to see how Spencer goes defending Pantherball. Every time he makes a tackle there is room behind the ruck

WestyLife

First Grade
The Sharks game showed that Pantherball destroys teams that have 'impact forwards' on the bench.

The Roosters have an incredible power game at the moment. However Walker and Keary's pop gun kicks saw Penrith start sets at the forty metre line with ease.

I'm keen to see how Spencer goes defending Pantherball. Every time he makes a tackle there is room behind the ruck

This is it. If Trent Robinson is a good coach he'll have to account for the fact that the majority of his field position HAS to be from his forwards taking runs where as Panthers have a good long kicking game and at least two extra props in Edwards/To'o. Everyone suffers fatigue a good forward pack is still human.

Kilkenny

Coach
At times yes, but Original Name was right. The Roosters were not playing well at the time which is also typical of a Robbo coached Roosters. They Nearly always start the season off slow and they really kicking into high gear around mid season. The thing about them in the last 4 or so years though is that they start to run out of steam toward the very end of the season. I hope THAT trend continues, because if they keep current form they have the game to crack us if we are not at 95%+.
The Roosters at full strength look to be the team to beat.