What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final Panthers vs Broncos

Crashtest

Juniors
Either way he is a bit down the line. I don't see him making round 1 but the side will evolve
I can definitely see Alamoti making round 1. Will the panthers want to risk pushing May during the preseason to be fit and ready for round 1? Or will they ease him back to full game day fitness and use players like Alamoti in the early rounds instead?

mxlegend99

Referee
I can definitely see Alamoti making round 1. Will the panthers want to risk pushing May during the preseason to be fit and ready for round 1? Or will they ease him back to full game day fitness and use players like Alamoti in the early rounds instead?
Wheres the harm in May getting match fit playing?

We started this season off slowly because of a disrupted pre-season. Honestly might work in our favour starting off a bit sluggish.

Get some poor form out the way early and remove some pressure from us. Let other teams think there's cracks in the windshield.

Iamback

Coach

Dane Laurie or Sneider will be the 6. Do you risk a poor defender next to him?

For me if May isn't ready then Garner starts in the centres.

May will get a full pre-season in though, Whether he is in good form or not is another question but in round 1 no one is

betcats

Referee
Whatever the plans for Alamoti ive got no doubt he will improve a lot here. Im excited for him tbh, he is a real wildcard in our plans for next year, could just be a good depth player or he could be a reall asset to the top 17, he has more then enough talent if he can get up to speed in our system.

betcats

Referee
Broncos cap will get tight but given their ages there should still be a fair bit of improvement in Walsh, Mam, Haas and even carrigan which is a little scary. That being said im more confident about Penriths chances heading into 2024 then I was heading into this year. Critta and Leniu are big losses but it wont require as much adjustment as losing Api and Kiks did. Spine completely settled, Most of the top 17 is settled tbh. Few questions to be answered around the bench but outside of that I think most of the preseason can be spent on fitness and improving where we can. I imagine last preseason there was a lot of adjusting to kenny and trying to figure out kiks spot with Garner etc. Only change to our top 13 will be critta at this stage. That is a good place to be in.

betcats

Referee
We were also adjusting to the loss of both assistants last year. We have the pacific cup this year to deal with but it will have less impact on the preseason then the world cup did. Overall barring injuries I expect a much better start to 2024 and some real adjustments/improvements in our attacking structures.

soc123_au

Staff member
Broncos cap will get tight but given their ages there should still be a fair bit of improvement in Walsh, Mam, Haas and even carrigan which is a little scary. That being said im more confident about Penriths chances heading into 2024 then I was heading into this year. Critta and Leniu are big losses but it wont require as much adjustment as losing Api and Kiks did. Spine completely settled, Most of the top 17 is settled tbh. Few questions to be answered around the bench but outside of that I think most of the preseason can be spent on fitness and improving where we can. I imagine last preseason there was a lot of adjusting to kenny and trying to figure out kiks spot with Garner etc. Only change to our top 13 will be critta at this stage. That is a good place to be in.
The hardest part about replacing Critta will be one less clutch player to pull something from nothing when we need it. I think we are still a lock for the 4 peat though. Tiny will be busting for a shot as it's fair to say injury has robbed him of 2 rings already, the rest of the team have already proven there is no satisfying their thirst for victory.

Latest posts