What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final Panthers vs Broncos

Pumpkin

Juniors
Because, as we have seen, any no name halfback who replaces Cleary in the Penrith team, suddenly plays like a super star. There's something magical about the Penrith system that noone understands.

So you have to look at how he plays outside of Penrith, for example in origin and all his performances have been mediocre.

MugaB

Coach
Because, as we have seen, any no name halfback who replaces Cleary in the Penrith team, suddenly plays like a super star. There's something magical about the Penrith system that noone understands.

So you have to look at how he plays outside of Penrith, for example in origin and all his performances have been mediocre.
Maybe its more about the lesser egos and more work ethic, than actual talent

Pumpkin

Juniors
Jonathan Thurston, Andrew John's and Cooper Cronk shined at Origin level. They are great players. Nathan Cleary has been dismal at Origin level, because he is not in the comfort of the Penrith system. He's not a great player. It's quite simple.

Jonathan Thurston, Andrew John's and Cooper Cronk shined at Origin level. They are great players. Nathan Cleary has been dismal at Origin level, because he is not in the comfort of the Penrith system. He's not a great player. It's quite simple.
Andrew Johns was off the bench or relegated to hooker before he was 26. Not sure either of the other two even got a game before that point. His Origin record is meh rather than poor.

He is already the greatest first grade halfback of all time at 26; by the end of his career he will also own Origin.

soc123_au

Staff member
I can remember if it was 21 or 22 but Nathan put in a fantastic game 2. I recall Joey gushing it was the best game by a 7 in SOO of all time.

Munky

Coach
I can remember if it was 21 or 22 but Nathan put in a fantastic game 2. I recall Joey gushing it was the best game by a 7 in SOO of all time.

Nathan was very good in game 2 2020, game 1 & 2 2021 and game 2 2022.

Him, Yeo and Api were carving Queensland in game 3 2022 however the washed hack on the wing from the Roosters botched a basic kick return at the end of the first half and NSW lost all momentum.

Nathan was pretty bad in game 1 2023, although that was likely due to Teddy getting in the way doing his best Paul Gallen impersonation and thinking he still had his physical gifts.

Pumpkin

Juniors
The point I'm making is that the Penrith system makes players look better than they are. You can't dispute that. We've seen it with players who have filled in for Cleary. We have further evidence to suggest Cleary is an average player. He hasn't performed well outside of the Penrith system. The danger here is that they keep picking him to play for NSW when Adam Reynolds is a better choice.

The point I'm making is that the Penrith system makes players look better than they are. You can't dispute that. We've seen it with players who have filled in for Cleary. We have further evidence to suggest Cleary is an average player. He hasn't performed well outside of the Penrith system. The danger here is that they keep picking him to play for NSW when Adam Reynolds is a better choice.
I hope they do pick Reynolds. Cleary can save his energy for the last 20 minutes of the grand final!!

Pumpkin

Juniors
I'm not trying to be nasty, I'm just looking at things factually. Nobody is acknowledging my point, just becoming defensive. You must admit I have a point atleast.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I'm not trying to be nasty, I'm just looking at things factually. Nobody is acknowledging my point, just becoming defensive. You must admit I have a point atleast.
You really don't. I'm more realistic than most about Nathan. Some try and make out he's the future goat but that's not his level, he's just a better Cooper Cronk

Latest posts