What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final Panthers vs Broncos

CCJohnC

Juniors
Possession and defence. My only concern is the refering/touch judges as I think the pace of the game is too quick for them.

murraymob

Coach
my friend & myself agreed against Melbourne if we got 12+ ahead during the game - that would be enough for us to defend and win the game.

do you think the same applies here - get 12+ ahead of brisbane and we'd back our defence to win?

personally i want as much Ball as possible and the Broncos to make many mistakes both defence & attack on Sunday night
No the bronco or more Walsh showed momentum swings there way they can score fast and a lot

Sime_11

Juniors
if the Warriors made it instead of Brisbane

1. would us as fans be feeling overconfident rather than playing the Broncos ?
2. would the boys be feeling just as overconfident?

in a way im glad is Brisbane - they have beaten us this year - so it would be no fluke and importantly i have 100% trust in the Boys taking Brisbane very seriously

Pomoz

Bench
What about Tallis? Someone mentioning if Cleary should be in the same category as Johns, Thurston etc. His response ‘I went to a schoolboy carnival (in QLD) and all the kids wanted to be Reece Walsh’. Sensational insight.
He obviously doesn't rate Cleary. He made the comment, and I'm paraphrasing here, if the Panthers win then he has matched Sterling, but it still doesn't make him an elite player.

He obviously doesn't rate the Panthers either. We are a "polarising team", apparently. Brent Read supported him in that assertion and surprisingly, Rothfield said we are not (polarising).

Maybe we are, I don't know if I can have perspective as a biased fan. It amazes me though, that people would rather support a big city team, owned by a giant corporation (News Corp), given endless Friday night football to help boost their profile and sponsorship income, than a team from a small town, owned by the locals and comprised mainly of local lads. It makes no sense. They are cheering the Empire and should be cheering the Jedi Knights instead.

Fangs

Coach

Strike centre Herbie Farnworth has sent a scare through Broncos camp ahead of the NRL Grand Final after leaving training on Tuesday with hamstring tightness.

The club don't believe the issue will put him at risk for Sunday's showdown with the Panthers and are hopeful he will be available for their next team session.

Pomoz

Bench
Same hype, different team. 20,21,22, all about the opposition. It probably does not affect the players but surely insults the fans.
News Corp has it as Bronco v Panthers GF for whatever reason.
Oh well, only 5 restless nights to go.
Well, they are the majority shareholder in the Broncos!

Iamback

Coach
Same hype, different team. 20,21,22, all about the opposition. It probably does not affect the players but surely insults the fans.
News Corp has it as Bronco v Panthers GF for whatever reason.
Oh well, only 5 restless nights to go.

Part of that is how we have managed to stay up for so long

Goonji

Juniors
If we control possession like we did against Storm they will have to try something special to get over us. Apart from the offloads, they also play high risk whch can lead to high rewards. The reverse is also true... Strangle them out of the game.

soc123_au

Staff member

Strike centre Herbie Farnworth has sent a scare through Broncos camp ahead of the NRL Grand Final after leaving training on Tuesday with hamstring tightness.

The club don't believe the issue will put him at risk for Sunday's showdown with the Panthers and are hopeful he will be available for their next team session.
Tomorrow it will be Walsh or Reyno in doubt with ring worm or some shit. Broncos are running scared and will do anything to try and play mind games.

murraymob

Coach
The broncos doing there normal injuries to players players in doubt before game strained hammy this time

Iamback

Coach
He obviously doesn't rate Cleary. He made the comment, and I'm paraphrasing here, if the Panthers win then he has matched Sterling, but it still doesn't make him an elite player.

He obviously doesn't rate the Panthers either. We are a "polarising team", apparently. Brent Read supported him in that assertion and surprisingly, Rothfield said we are not (polarising).

Maybe we are, I don't know if I can have perspective as a biased fan. It amazes me though, that people would rather support a big city team, owned by a giant corporation (News Corp), given endless Friday night football to help boost their profile and sponsorship income, than a team from a small town, owned by the locals and comprised mainly of local lads. It makes no sense. They are cheering the Empire and should be cheering the Jedi Knights instead.

I get Luai trolls them and they hate it, aside from him what is the issue?

apart from their postcode and winning? So Buzz is correct here

Sime_11

Juniors
focus on us and our game plan - Brisbane would be stupid to play silly buggers during GF week - training session times are a premium this week - get your shit ready for Game day - no hiding once out on the field