What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final Panthers vs Broncos

soc123_au

Staff member
Broncos blew their load on Saturday with the offloads. Ive heard Kevvie interviewed a few times since and he keeps denying it was a plan. He isn't a very convincing liar. I think he knows they have given us an 80 minute look at their game plan & is regretting it. They probably should have kept a lid on them and just done enough to win.

It's still their best shot & no doubt we would have been ready for it anyway, but the more video we have to work with the better.

On the other hand we just did what we always do. If we do have any trick shots, no one has seen them yet.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Broncos blew their load on Saturday with the offloads. Ive heard Kevvie interviewed a few times since and he keeps denying it was a plan. He isn't a very convincing liar. I think he knows they have given us an 80 minute look at their game plan & is regretting it. They probably should have kept a lid on them and just done enough to win.

It's still their best shot & no doubt we would have been ready for it anyway, but the more video we have to work with the better.

On the other hand we just did what we always do. If we do have any trick shots, no one has seen them yet.
Fluke offloads has been Parra's way against us

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Warriors this year are basically Penrith Lite (or Penrith early on in Ivan's masterplan), with Webby coaching from the same playbook, so I reckon Brisbane absolutely did show their hand with their intended gameplan.

Frankus

Juniors
34 degrees in Homebush but kick off is 7.30 amd nights are still cooling down.
I'd imagine by then the temp could have fallen to mid 20s. I would be suprised if it was more then 27 come kick off.
If it was 27 degrees at 7.30pm my Canberran arse would melt. f**k that

Frankus

Juniors
The refs will try and keep it as close as they can for interest and tv ratings. If a team gets away too much, watch the phantom calls for the losing team.
I f**king hope not. I grew up in Brisbane as a Penrith supporter. Can not stand the donkeys. Their supporters are even worse. The sight of their jersey and this bronxnation trend burns my piss. Even Capewell has turned into a complete douche nozzle.

Fangs

Coach
Stop offloads of course. Warriors lost control of the game largely due to that.

But Fleger, Haas and Carrigan are the targets. 4 offloads from each of them against the Warriors. Haas alone has 47 for the year and is 4th in the league.

Outside that kick it right corner to Arthars. He is the weakest player in the Broncos backline. Oates would be a more experienced pick but I don't think he will get a run.

Last edited:
Had to change thread name. Big Dance was making me want to puke. Sorry @John Hamblin but it had to be done. lol
You bloody mods can’t leave anything alone, you have to meddle with and defile everything you see.

The “big dance” was far more romantic I thought.

I like this threepeat business.

Back to back is fine, but jag-able.

Threepeat on the other hand, adds an exclamation mark to this amazing era and sets you up for the next few years at least.

So it’s my favourite gf attempt so far.

You bloody mods can’t leave anything alone, you have to meddle with and defile everything you see.

The “big dance” was far more romantic I thought.

I like this threepeat business.

Back to back is fine, but jag-able.

Threepeat on the other hand, adds an exclamation mark to this amazing era and sets you up for the next few years at least.

So it’s my favourite gf attempt so far.
Did you respond with the wrong account @MugaB?

Yeah maybe it was 2021. I remember thinking they could also run a story on the amount of times Nathan got taken down after getting a kick away but surprisingly they never did.
It always strikes me as a weird thing to be so hung up about; they stand there to stop people doing something that is illegal.

Living in Brisbane - the occasional broncos fans here are absolute insufferable. The media is rubbish, even Peter the trough boy Badel on NRL360 yesterday was a clown. You would assume that Broncos already won and Walsh is the greatest player ever….

Geez not only do I hope Panthers win (naturally) but I actually hope it’s a lesson they give to Broncos as well.

murraymob

Coach
Incredible stat in todays paper in the last 73 games where Penrith have been in front at half time they have lost only once .So the key to win may be as simple as being in front at half time

Blues Riff

Bench
Ha, Bloke in a bar isn't what I expected this week. Beak's much more knowledgeable crew have pretty much made him sound like a deluded fan-boy.

I've followed the Panthers since game one 1967.

Lots of bad times and struggling seasons but I have always stuck solid.

I've listened to the garbage about the junior league nursery, but in fairness, the Broncos have had the entire capital city of Brisbane for 35 years. Now they get local competition in the Dolphins, they get serious.

The Eastern suburbs, North shore and the pretenders from the Shire have always just thought of Penrith as a side to make up the numbers.

We "westie's" were only meant to do their gardening and wash their cars, NOT win the footy comp.

We might not win the premiership every year in the future, but it won't take a genius, or a so called "entitled" person east of Parramatta to know that the Panthers will be around the top of the ladder for years to come.

Win or lose this week, we have a club to be extremely proud of.

martielang

Bench
Living in Brisbane - the occasional broncos fans here are absolute insufferable. The media is rubbish, even Peter the trough boy Badel on NRL360 yesterday was a clown. You would assume that Broncos already won and Walsh is the greatest player ever….

Geez not only do I hope Panthers win (naturally) but I actually hope it’s a lesson they give to Broncos as well.

What about Tallis? Someone mentioning if Cleary should be in the same category as Johns, Thurston etc. His response ‘I went to a schoolboy carnival (in QLD) and all the kids wanted to be Reece Walsh’. Sensational insight.

betcats

Referee
I want the media talking them up tbh, maybe it has no effect on them but maybe it gets to them a bit and they do a 2020 penrith. Can you imagine the hype in brisbane right now? those two headers will be building them up to a level no other club would experience, immense pressure.

Sime_11

Juniors
Incredible stat in todays paper in the last 73 games where Penrith have been in front at half time they have lost only once .So the key to win may be as simple as being in front at half time
my friend & myself agreed against Melbourne if we got 12+ ahead during the game - that would be enough for us to defend and win the game.

do you think the same applies here - get 12+ ahead of brisbane and we'd back our defence to win?

personally i want as much Ball as possible and the Broncos to make many mistakes both defence & attack on Sunday night

Latest posts