What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Nuke

Staff member
I have a sneaking suspicion that NQ's 2023 jersey is going to have chevrons and look something in the ball park of the 2014-2015........View attachment 66807
What this does, moreso, is announce that their logo isn't changing for 2023. It doesn't necessarily need it, but an update to it might be considered about due.

Colk

First Grade
So on the biggest day of the NRL year, 'The' are unveiling their jersey.
Either to give themselves some of the spotlight ("Look at me! Look at me!"), or to sneak it in with minimal fanfare, hidden beneath all of the Grand Final news.

Unless it looks exactly like the St George jersey I don’t understand why it would be the latter.

Diesel

Referee
Seems strange to release on GF day, it’s not like they won the QRL GF & play in the interstate cup game

Colk

First Grade
Seems strange to release on GF day, it’s not like they won the QRL GF & play in the interstate cup game

You know it is going to look exactly like the St George jersey don’t you 🤣. I bet it is the NRL’s idea to tie in the announcement with the grand final show.

The game has (corporate waffle) and now with the 2023 season approaching let us formally introduce the Dolphins as part of the NRL family (cue somebody in the Dolphins jersey and crowd cheering)

MugaB

Coach
You know it is going to look exactly like the St George jersey don’t you 🤣. I bet it is the NRL’s idea to tie in the announcement with the grand final show.

The game has (corporate waffle) and now with the 2023 season approaching let us formally introduce the Dolphins as part of the NRL family (cue somebody in the Dolphins jersey and crowd cheering)
I reckon it looks like this, obviously without the massive logo on the chest

Screenshot_20221001-045625_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20221001-045600_Samsung Internet.jpg

The gold fade to white looks great, and the red is pretty deep and uniquely cut... reminds me of the original wolverine costume
images.jpeg-126.jpg
Obviously in red and gold, not in brown/tan

Colk

First Grade
I reckon it looks like this, obviously without the massive logo on the chest

View attachment 66826View attachment 66827

The gold fade to white looks great, and the red is pretty deep and uniquely cut... reminds me of the original wolverine costume
View attachment 66828
Obviously in red and gold, not in brown/tan

I think that would look fantastic. That gold would be really unique. I don’t know about the Wolverine claws being allowed though 🤣

MugaB

Coach
I think that would look fantastic. That gold would be really unique. I don’t know about the Wolverine claws being allowed though 🤣
Bulldogs has ice hockey shoulder pads in the 80s... so why not

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I was critical at the time of the Dolphins colour scheme, but having seen a lot of their merch lately, I am really liking the heavy use of gold. Red, gold and white are looking great together. Now if they can just integrate the blue sponsor and (insert whichever betting company is coming on board), they will have a good template to work with.

Reflector

Juniors
I have a sneaking suspicion that NQ's 2023 jersey is going to have chevrons and look something in the ball park of the 2014-2015........View attachment 66807
Pity they've evidently stuck with that same shitty logo for yet another year. It was crap when introduced in 2003, considering they changed their logo 3 times in the first 8 years of their existence it boggles the mind why the marketing department stay so loyal to easily the worst logo they've ever had...

Nuke

Staff member
That's what I was noticing yesterday. What I took from it was the fact the logo wasn't being tweaked / updated.

That's what I look for around this time of year: Next year's members gear will have next year's logo. We're almost at the point where logos won't need to be updated / tweaked / overhauled because, for the vast majority, they're all great, clean, and suitable for social media and jerseys alike.

For mine, the only adjusting / changing that needs to be done to make them as good as they can be are:

* Roosters (need to revert to their 'Easts' rooster emblem). Turf the current chook head. It's had it's day.
* Cowboys (keeping cow horns, but definitely getting red of the alternate version of the logo with red keyline of the wording 'Cowboys'. Star shape: I'm on the fence with.)
* Knights (exchange black with dark blue, and you have their logo utilising their colours. In 50% of instances -where the logo is on a dark background- the only blue part inverts to white and the logo has no blue at all)

I'm not 100% sold on Canterbury's logo, but at the same time I have no major issues with it. Same for Cronulla's (but I know many here aren't big fans of it). The Dragons one is difficult, in that they've virtually had it for decades, going back into the St.George days pre-merger. It'd be a hard task to simplify it and modernise it without everyone hating on it for those two reasons.

Those are just my thoughts, for what it's worth.

The Dragons one is difficult, in that they've virtually had it for decades, going back into the St.George days pre-merger. It'd be a hard task to simplify it and modernise it without everyone hating on it for those two reasons.

Those are just my thoughts, for what it's worth.
Georgia Football Federation, looks pretty shmick

1200px-Georgia_National_Football_Team_Logo_2022.svg.png

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Hmm… obviously the blue sponsors don’t blend in well, but I don’t hate it. Hopefully they’ll go with red shorts

Latest posts