What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I really don’t get it? Maybe it’s cause the cowboys away is too white, so in that case make the cows wear their home, like what?
So dumb. It happens fairly regularly too. Dogs home vs Cows home would’ve been fine. The away team doesn’t have to wear their away. They really should be called ‘Clash’ jerseys rather than ‘away’

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I’m not quite sure how to properly articulate this, but I think some of the teams that have a dark shirt with light shorts or light shirt with dark shorts make clashes difficult. And when their away is just the opposite, it doesn’t help at all. Dogs and Warriors home and away are just the inverse of each and don’t actually provide much contrast to their home, it’s still basically the same percentage of blue and white. You could say the same about the Roosters too.

And teams like the Knights and Cowboys, who have their away white but still keep the shoulders and torso dark like their home, looks terrible against teams with a dark shirt and white shorts. Like with this dogs and cows game, they’re essentially the same kits except for the lower chest of the cows…. If that makes sense…

I dunno, maybe I’m just OCD when it comes to jerseys. Home vs Home clashes don’t even really bother me, but unnecessary away jerseys clashing really grinds my gears.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I’m not quite sure how to properly articulate this, but I think some of the teams that have a dark shirt with light shorts or light shirt with dark shorts make clashes difficult. And when their away is just the opposite, it doesn’t help at all. Dogs and Warriors home and away are just the inverse of each and don’t actually provide much contrast to their home, it’s still basically the same percentage of blue and white. You could say the same about the Roosters too.

And teams like the Knights and Cowboys, who have their away white but still keep the shoulders and torso dark like their home, looks terrible against teams with a dark shirt and white shorts. Like with this dogs and cows game, they’re essentially the same kits except for the lower chest of the cows…. If that makes sense…

I dunno, maybe I’m just OCD when it comes to jerseys. Home vs Home clashes don’t even really bother me, but unnecessary away jerseys clashing really grinds my gears.
Dogs H&A jerseys are inverse of each other - to the point you could play an intraclub and not get confused. One is all white, one is all blue.

Warriors - and Cowboys - both have the same design, a home jersey predominantly one colour, then the away jersey with the main colour retained over the shoulders and everything from the chest down switched to white. It's not an adequate contrast and it's constantly those two clubs involved in contrast/clash issues.

I have less of a problem with Souths using black and white trim as a differentiator than I do with the current setup NZ & NQ have with their jerseys tbh

It's Been Done

Juniors
Dogs and Cows both wearing their away kits when both wearing their homes would’ve contrasted way better. ANNOYS THE f**k OUT OF ME!
The Bulldogs apparently have to meet a NRL quota with regards to how many times the away jersey is worn in a season so those jerseys are more likely to be sold (this also affects St George, Cronulla, Canberra and I assume Redcliffe). Most clubs are not affected due to so many home jerseys being Black, Blue or even Maroon

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Warriors - and Cowboys - both have the same design, a home jersey predominantly one colour, then the away jersey with the main colour retained over the shoulders and everything from the chest down switched to white. It's not an adequate contrast and it's constantly those two clubs involved in contrast/clash issues.
Knights are a big offender too. They seem to wear their away kit for just about every away game, even though their home contrasts better most of the time.
I have less of a problem with Souths using black and white trim as a differentiator than I do with the current setup NZ & NQ have with their jerseys tbh

And I agree on this Souths view, the only problem is they always wear the black trim at home and the white trim away, regardless of which one contrasts better.

The Bulldogs apparently have to meet a NRL quota with regards to how many times the away jersey is worn in a season so those jerseys are more likely to be sold (this also affects St George, Cronulla, Canberra and I assume Redcliffe). Most clubs are not affected due to so many home jerseys being Black, Blue or even Maroon
Fair enough, but they could have worn it against any of the other teams that aren’t blue or white. If they’d have worn blue shorts with this away jersey, it’d actually provide some contrast to the home

36BADC30-600C-4307-BCEA-515C75179B52.jpeg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ridculous clash of kits for Dogs v cows. Seriously just make the away kit have to be in a totally diff colour! We had two teams playing in alternate kits that still clashed!

MugaB

Coach
Ridculous clash of kits for Dogs v cows. Seriously just make the away kit have to be in a totally diff colour! We had two teams playing in alternate kits that still clashed!
Cowboys should be using a silver/grey as an away strip same design, just swap anything white on it for grey... that will stop all this clash talk, but no the reluctance of teams NOT to use their differencing colors to stand out or set them selves apart from the majority blue and white away kits of the competition, and theres a lot of them
Canterbury
Auckland
Sydney
North QLD
Melbourne
Parramatta
Newcastle
Gold Coast
Thats half the comp sporting varying degrees of blue and then an away white kit, you would think most of them would try to stand out...
Parramatta in Yellow home, Blue away
North QLD in Blue home, Silver Away
Newcastle Blue home, Red Away
Auckland Blue home, Green Away
Sydney Blue home, Red Away
Melbourne Purple home, White away
Gold Coast Cyan home, Gold away
Leaves Canterbury with White home, Blue away
If theres any clashes, its because the whole notion that you MUST wear an away kit when playing away is a myth.
I get some have different sponsors, so a set number should be worn a season, but it can be determined when the draw comes out, and shouldn't be more than the home kits, the home kits should always be worn ahead of away kits, it ruins the brand identity if they aren't wearing what makes them iconic.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It feels somewhat crass to be profiteering from war. They could at least give all proceeds of jersey sales to relevant charities. I know some donate something, but should be all profits imo.

Show some respect if youre going to do it. Take off the main sponsor and put a relevant charity on there and all profits to that charity for each club.

It feels somewhat crass to be profiteering from war. They could at least give all proceeds of jersey sales to relevant charities. I know some donate something, but should be all profits imo.

Show some respect if youre going to do it. Take off the main sponsor and put a relevant charity on there and all profits to that charity for each club.
Pennies ran a clean jersey once. Would’ve loved for that to have caught on.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Cowboys should be using a silver/grey as an away strip same design, just swap anything white on it for grey... that will stop all this clash talk, but no the reluctance of teams NOT to use their differencing colors to stand out or set them selves apart from the majority blue and white away kits of the competition, and theres a lot of them
Canterbury
Auckland
Sydney
North QLD
Melbourne
Parramatta
Newcastle
Gold Coast
Thats half the comp sporting varying degrees of blue and then an away white kit, you would think most of them would try to stand out...
Parramatta in Yellow home, Blue away
North QLD in Blue home, Silver Away
Newcastle Blue home, Red Away
Auckland Blue home, Green Away
Sydney Blue home, Red Away
Melbourne Purple home, White away
Gold Coast Cyan home, Gold away
Leaves Canterbury with White home, Blue away
If theres any clashes, its because the whole notion that you MUST wear an away kit when playing away is a myth.
I get some have different sponsors, so a set number should be worn a season, but it can be determined when the draw comes out, and shouldn't be more than the home kits, the home kits should always be worn ahead of away kits, it ruins the brand identity if they aren't wearing what makes them iconic.
Amen. Spot on