What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Perth Red

Post Whore
Couldn't the NRL coordinate clubs so every clubs wears an indigenous jersey for indigenous round? Is it really that hard to design jerseys that dont clash for one weekend?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
But that should be it. Wear it in indigenous round whether its home or away. Otherwise you're diluting the concept and it's just about being a cash grab. Same as the anzac jerseys.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd imagine because they weren't at home in R12. Agree though, should be Indigenous round and that's it.
So was just the home teams? Thats my point! Should be clubs coordinate designs so everyone wears the jersey in that round. Pointless exercise otherwise.

The Great Dane

First Grade
But that should be it. Wear it in indigenous round whether its home or away. Otherwise you're diluting the concept and it's just about being a cash grab. Same as the anzac jerseys.
A cash grab is all that it's ever been... It's just a merchandising opportunity to sell more product to fans.

The NRL should get rid of these stupid themed rounds and introduce a standard yearly allocation of jerseys; main, alt, third, and maybe an optional fourth.

If they insist on continuing with themed rounds then they need to stop virtue signalling and actually promote causes where they can have a tangible benefit to society. They also need to make what money is being made and where that money is going transparent.

Something like a suicide prevention round where a sizable portion of the profits made from the round actually go to suicide prevention organisations would be a great idea.

MugaB

Coach
A cash grab is all that it's ever been... It's just a merchandising opportunity to sell more product to fans.

The NRL should get rid of these stupid themed rounds and introduce a standard yearly allocation of jerseys; main, alt, third, and maybe an optional fourth.

If they insist on continuing with themed rounds then they need to stop virtue signalling and actually promote causes where they can have a tangible benefit to society. They also need to make what money is being made and where that money is going transparent.

Something like a suicide prevention round where a sizable portion of the profits made from the round actually go to suicide prevention organisations would be a great idea.
Deadly choices..... wow not a good enough charity for dane fmd

The Great Dane

First Grade

MugaB

Coach
Indigenous Round didn't raise money for Deadly Choices...

In fact the only third party charity that is mentioned in the NRL's Indigenous Round 2023 launch is The DoorDash Scholarship Program, i.e. the sponsor's charity, and there's no mention of raising funds for it. The rest of the talk is all flowery newspeak.

Please try and follow the conversation next time.
Storm and broncos are wearing their indigenous jerseys THIS week for deadly choices... wtf are you on about...

The Great Dane

First Grade
Storm and broncos are wearing their indigenous jerseys THIS week for deadly choices... wtf are you on about...
Yeah and it isn't Indigenous Round this weekend is it. . . So it's probably safe to assume that I wasn't talking about the game this weekend isn't it!

BTW, it proves one of my points that you don't need NRL mandated theme rounds to pull stuff like this off, as the clubs can organise this stuff on their own.

well wait no longer. they've done it for the girls.

I wouldn't have run with the cyan stripe but i get that they wanna have a slight differentiation from the men. It looks way better with navy shorts IMO.
Shouldn't they be called the Cowgals?

Latest posts