What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Saint Doc

Coach
IMG_7378.jpeg

I don’t mind this broncos away jersey, so assuming this is what they run out in, it should look good on field.

Any chance broncos do something weird? They’re not going to choose their City jersey are they?

Nuke

Staff member
I was surprised Warriors were in blue, given they were the away team last night. Gives me hope for the GF teams just maybe both being in their main kits.

Nuke

Staff member
But yes, no garish huge white badges required. As has been suggested: black shield with gold GF logo should be a given. But I bet we don't get it..!

yakstorm

First Grade
Who knows what criteria the NRL use to decide whether or not two kits clash or not, but surely if this was allowed just two years ago, then Brisbane can wear their main jersey.

images

Saint Doc

Coach
IMG_7430.jpegThe away will provide the most contrast, and it’s actually quite a good jersey. Agree the home jersey isn’t a clash per se, but maroon vs black isn’t the best contrast.

a quick google image search shows each time these teams play, the away pretty much always plays in their alternate. The one example I could find where that wasn’t the case was presumably last year when panthers wore their heritage alternate, which had a higher proportion of white, although Brisbane had less gold, so arguably evens out.
Will be interesting to see which way they go.

hellteam

First Grade
Broncos away jersey is great and a good choice, at least it's still the correct colours and recognisable as the Broncos. Will be a nice looking game.

It's Been Done

Juniors
View attachment 79852The away will provide the most contrast, and it’s actually quite a good jersey. Agree the home jersey isn’t a clash per se, but maroon vs black isn’t the best contrast.

a quick google image search shows each time these teams play, the away pretty much always plays in their alternate. The one example I could find where that wasn’t the case was presumably last year when panthers wore their heritage alternate, which had a higher proportion of white, although Brisbane had less gold, so arguably evens out.
Will be interesting to see which way they go.
That game last year was painful at times to watch. Penrith should've kept their White version of the Home jersey for use against the Broncos (and maybe Wests at Leichhardt as well as Manly) when they're the away team. Thankfully they fixed that this year for Indigenous Round
remote.axd

globalpanther

Juniors
Broncos team photo on their socials was in home strip normally means that’s what they wear…Meltdown for some ppl incoming…

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
That game last year was painful at times to watch. Penrith should've kept their White version of the Home jersey for use against the Broncos (and maybe Wests at Leichhardt as well as Manly) when they're the away team. Thankfully they fixed that this year for Indigenous Round
remote.axd
Why we have our unique pink, it just so happened we played bronx in indigenous round, it not ike we planned to play the bronx with a different jersey in mind

Nuke

Staff member
While I'd normally be disappointed at a team being in their 'away' kit for a GF, I'm not upset by this one. It'd have to be their best ever away / alternative in my opinion, or very close to it.

As the above discussions have shown, what I'm most disappointed with, yet again, is the lack of special GF badge. I mean, shit, it's not hard to design one, and it's not hard to implement it. F**k sake.