What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ladder Predictions

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
First 3 definitely. Not sure about the Storm though. Comprehensively outplayed by the Knights after having a good lead. If the Raiders continue to get a few more arsey wins, Souths get their shit together or Cowboys continue their roll I could see Storm going down to 6th or 7th.
Yeah you could be right there.I’m probably just assuming the Storm will be their usual selves at the business end of things.

mongoose

Coach
Knights actually have an okay chance of making the 8 now.

Eels have a tough run home and likely won't make it, Souths to take their spot. Sharks are probably finished. Leaving 1 spot for Knights/Manly/Roosters. Knights have a 1 point advantage over Roosters and a huge F/A advantage over Manly.

Relevant run home:

Sharks [26] - Panthers (A), Souths (A), Titans (H), Cowboys (A), Knights (A), Raiders (H)
Eels [24] - Storm (A), Dragons (H), Broncos (A), Roosters (H), Panthers (A), Bye
Souths [24] - Tigers (A), Sharks (H), Dragons (H), Knights (A), Bye, Roosters (H)
Knights [23] - Raiders (A), Dolphins (A), Dogs (H), Souths (H), Sharks (H), Dragons (A)
Manly [23] - Dragons (A), Roosters (A), Panthers (H), Warriors (A), Dogs (A), Tigers (H)
Roosters [22] - Broncos (A), Manly (H), Dolphins (H), Eels (A), Tigers (H), Souths (A)

Predicted points (aka completely guessing)

Sharks; 4 - 6 points
Eels; 4 - 6 points
Souths; 10 - 12 points. Easiest run home of the lot
Knights; 6 - 8 points
Manly; 6 - 8 points
Roosters; 6 - 8 points

Will be a lot tighter around that 7th - 8th position than expected. I didn't check the Cowboys but they might be fighting it out for the bottom 2 spots as well.
Cowboys will make the 8 well ahead of some of those sides...

moffla

Bench
Storm surprised me last night, pretty ruthless after a shocking second half last week. I don’t think we are at the level of Panthers or Broncos, though. Probably on track for a prelim exit.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Stopped reading after you suggested Sharks could go to 10th lol

Top 4 maybe not but with Fitz we will always be a very strong defensive team. They don’t come 10th. We’ll be a top 5 defensive team minimum imo.

Top 8 is a lock - barring some ridiculous injury toll
How you feeling 6 months down the track? 6th best defence, playing without confidence and sliding from top 4.

@Vic Mackey put forward some good reasoning, you went balls deep into Fitz.

Apey

Staff member
Knights leaps over the eels into 9th
1 point from top 8
Good chance we leapfrog Sharks into the 8 next week. Doesn't mean we will stay there. Then again we're due a classic Knights performance after the last two weeks.

Vibing

Juniors
Lock in

Panthers
Broncos
Storm
Warriors
Rabbits
Cowboys

Leaving 2 spots

Sharks, Raiders, Knights, Parra

Roosters and Manly would have to be almost perfect from here

Great run home
5 rounds left after this afternoon
I think that 6 is a lock , maybe a different order
so much to play out for the last 2 spots in the next 5 weeks

Vibing

Juniors
Raiders playing the Tigers & Bulldogs ( teams with nothing to play for ) should see them finish on 32 points minimum
Raiders will need to jag a win against either the Broncos at home , or the Storm away
( going for 6 in a row in melb) or the sharks away in the final round to secure a spot

Parramatta have a host of talent returning soon , but have 2 games they should win in the Dragons & Roosters , & 2 tough ones away in the Broncos & Panthers , then the bye in round 27 minimum 30 pts for them unless they can jag an unlikely win in one of those away toughies

Sharks .. a shit of a run home , Souths , Titans , Cowboys , Knights , Raiders
I'll say 30 or 32 pts minimum

Knights ,, Dolphins , Bulldogs .. Souths , Sharks , Dragons
maybe 31 or 33points

the round 26 clash between the Knights & Sharks in Newy could decide it

huge finish

Vibing

Juniors
decided I'm not ruling Manly out either
their last 5 contain 3 games they should win

Roosters , Bulldogs & Tigers
so they should get to 31 points

the 2 that they wouldn't be expected to win would be Penrith at home & the Warriors away
but if they jag one of those
they'll get to 33

bazza

Immortal
seems Newcastle have won a couple of games most people thought they wouldn't (Melbourne and Canberra) and now have some relatively easy games on the run home with Souths and Cronulla the only top 8 teams in their 5 games

Latest posts