What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 NRL Match Review Charges & Judiciary

JokerEel

Coach
Well they need to get their stories lined up..

Reynolds said Walsh said it to a player on the other team.. Walsh said he said it to his own player..

We can all see it was directed at the ref.

yobbo84

Coach
2 matches on Jacob Host is utterly ridiculous.
In what way? I was well on the way out of the stadium by then and I shan't be watching the replay!

Nothing for the shoulder charge from Hiku that went unpenalised?

beave

Coach
In what way? I was well on the way out of the stadium by then and I shan't be watching the replay!

Nothing for the shoulder charge from Hiku that went unpenalised?
I think you've misread what i've typed.

Host shouldn't be getting any suspension at all.

Dogs Of War

Coach
According to the SMH, when the Broncos were penalised for dissent after Walsh's comments, the referee told the Broncos captain that if Walsh carried on like that again he'd bin him.

Thing is he was doing it all game. It wasn't just a one off. Ref's need to be calling him out on it and saying I will only speak to the captain.

Danish

Referee
Walsh must be looking at multiple weeks, and clearly after viewing the footage, the MRC doesn't agree with his version of events.

What about Radley spending 10 or 15 seconds remonstrating with the referee whilst playing the ball last night? Why is that not a penalty? (I don't know what he said was abuse, but it was clearly a form of dissent).

They need to crack down on this sort of thing, otherwise we turn into soccer.

what turns us into soccer is the twigs who feel head contact or some pressure on their ankle and roll about like little kids with skinned knees then become miraculously better once they get their penalty.

glad Murray got his comeuppance yesterday being forced off for a HIA after playing for a penalty (that he did not get).

soc123_au

Staff member
The judiciary mast be sick of suspending Radley, surprised he got a pass this week.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
What did the bloke get for pushing a referee a few weeks back?

Walsh should be punished in line with the response to that action.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Marcelo Montoya got 4 weeks for calling a player a naughty word last year, and that is with no prior issues.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Interesting one.

I guess we'll understand whether name calling / dissent is considered worse than physically handling officials.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Walsh should go for a long time.
Any kid that swears at a ref in junior league is often looking at more than 10 weeks.

skeepe

Immortal
To be fair to Walsh, it looked like Fifita gave him a little push just before he launched into his tirade. If the referee really thought it was directed at him, he should have sent him off.

Maximus

Coach
Lol Walsh

Pretty hard for him to argue it was aimed at someone else when he is looking directly at the ref as he unloads 😂

And points at him lol

Also hard to argue that he was calling Carrigan a f**king merkin. While it may be true, he wasn't involved in the play.

Frailty

First Grade
To be fair to Walsh, it looked like Fifita gave him a little push just before he launched into his tirade. If the referee really thought it was directed at him, he should have sent him off.
Walsh should have been at least sin-binned imo.

There's complaining about the decision (which was an obvious obstruction that needed to be called) and then there is what Walsh did.

He is coming across as a player that has bought into the media hype about it. He spent a lot of yesterday's game acting like Gutherson and Moses, and then this incident took him further than their carry on.

Walsh's behaviour has reinforced my opinion that he is approaching of merkinness of one merkin named Cunster to the extent that he has leapfrogged Cunster for the top spot.

Walsh carried on like a pork chop when he was sent off in the SoO and has now taken it to dizzy heights after this performance.

hrundi99

First Grade
Walsh should go for a long time.
Any kid that swears at a ref in junior league is often looking at more than 10 weeks.

A kid in my son's team (14s) was suspended for 9 weeks at the start of this season for using the exact same expression.

There was a bit of biff from the other team and the ref called him out of it but there's clearly no excuse for it. We were all gobsmacked.

Latest posts