What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Origin I - Wed 31 May - NSW 18-26 QLD @ Adelaide

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Queensland

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saxon

Bench
I’ve heard people have a go at Teddy for slipping over. Realistically not a lot he can do in that situation and not his fault.
Rubbish. Tedesco falls over more often than my Nan when she's on the gin. No-one was surprised when Hammer changed direction and Teddy slipped over.
Needs a bollocking and a set of screw in studs.

Rubbish. Tedesco falls over more often than my Nan when she's on the gin. No-one was surprised when Hammer changed direction and Teddy slipped over.
And better elastic in his shorts.

But there were 4 maroons running at him. Realistically nothing he could do.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Tommy's corpse had no business being out there from the 1st minute. The poor bastard had nothing
Spent the whole game doing the dog runs from our 20, and received 0 clean ball in attack with Tedesco on the right getting in the way and Cleary being a flat slow bum.

Hard work isn’t JACs go, and Friz was ok in the opposing half but his work rate wasn’t great under pressure.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Spent the whole game doing the dog runs from our 20, and received 0 clean ball in attack with Tedesco on the right getting in the way and Cleary being a flat slow bum.

Hard work isn’t JACs go, and Friz was ok in the opposing half but his work rate wasn’t great under pressure.
He got palmed off every tackle. He was awful and it was sad

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Why do you say that? I've never heard him say anything racist.
Season 1 GIF by NETFLIX

Saxon

Bench
And better elastic in his shorts.

But there were 4 maroons running at him. Realistically nothing he could do.
And nothing was exactly what he did.
It would be forgivable if he elected to play at the ball carrier and Hammer passed inside. Instead he got himself into no-man's land then fell down.

Just like - as you point out - his shorts.

I'm just glad I'm not a Qld supporter. I'd be panicking after that performance.

Imagine having a game plan where the opposition is camped on your line for much of the match and they have most of the possession. How you going to stop tries? Oh, we'll just put a couple of fingers under the ball everytime they cross over. Then what? Oh well, we will be behind on the scoreboard with ten minutes to go, but don't worry, we'll score a freaky long range try and have a foreward out leap the best fullback in the game.

Doesn't sound like a winning formula to me. Qld are in a lotta lotta trouble unless they can fix their game.
9CF4015F-CCC9-4363-8B5B-DC0CD3330E45.jpeg

Tedesco said publicly more than 2 years ago that he won't wear screw instuds as he beleives they contributed to the major leg injuries he kept picking up when he was at the Wests Tigers. He said that once he went to wearing molded sole studs, he has had virtually no lower leg injuries comparable to those.

Also he was coming across at speed from the other side of the field. Even with screw in studs I doubt he would have been able to stop him.

As I said up thread, considering NSW had 13 defenders to Qlld who only had 12 players on the field, it was a team failure in their defensice set up that they allowed the Hammer to mark up outside JAC and leave 10-15 metres of space outside JAC for him to operate in.

Homo man69

Juniors
Another gripe was watching the NSW dressing shed after the game. It was full of people. Freddy was walking around with a beer in hand and a smile from ear to ear. Players didn't seem bothered and were doing the same thing. I remember QLD losing the second game last year and the contrast was night and day. Nobody was in the shed but the players. They looked as though they were at a funeral. Just staring at the ground and no beer. That's what Freddy the idiot brings to the table

Latest posts