What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Origin I - Wed 31 May - NSW 18-26 QLD @ Adelaide

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Queensland

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pumpkin

Juniors
Another gripe was watching the NSW dressing shed after the game. It was full of people. Freddy was walking around with a beer in hand and a smile from ear to ear. Players didn't seem bothered and were doing the same thing. I remember QLD losing the second game last year and the contrast was night and day. Nobody was in the shed but the players. They looked as though they were at a funeral. Just staring at the ground and no beer. That's what Freddy the idiot brings to the table
They are smiling because the more I think about it, the more I think Qld should forfeit game II. They got absolutely obliterated in the fundamentals and won the match with a lucky try. NSW will smash qld in game II.

Why is it when In previous years when the Qld team was down & the forwards were getting rolled by the NSW forwards we could still win a game .
Byhaving a Locky or Jt to spark something.
Pull a rabbit out of the hat to get their side home .
Its what the champion halves do .

Cleary is like a deer in the headlights when his team needs him .
Might be great at NRL level .
SOO can’t cant step up when needed .

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
With the Chin out we don’t have to pick Luai right?

1. Edwards 2. To’o 3. Fatty 4. Turbo 5. JAC 6. Walker 7. Hynes 8. Haas 9. Cook 10. Jake 11. Martin 12. Frizz 13. Yeo 14. Burton Le sigh 15. Paulo 16. Not Young 17. Not TPJ

Last edited:

Pumpkin

Juniors
With the Chin out we don’t have to pick Luai right?

1. Edwards 2. To’o 3. Fatty 4. Turbo 5. JAC 6. Walker 7. Hynes 8. Haas 9. Cook 10. Jake 11. Martin 12. Frizz 13. Yeo 14. Burton Le sigh 15. Paulo 16. Not Young 17. Not TPJ
Thank God you're are not picking the team. Turbo's still busted. Did you see how poorly Walker played in his only origin match? Teddy is a better player than Edwards by miles.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Thank God you're are not picking the team. Turbo's still busted. Did you see how poorly Walker played in his only origin match? Teddy is a better player than Edwards by miles.
Because Luai has been so good, only there for the PENRITH connection. Walker been the best 6 in the comp. And chinless is so much better than Teddy this season.

Homo man69

Juniors
They are smiling because the more I think about it, the more I think Qld should forfeit game II. They got absolutely obliterated in the fundamentals and won the match with a lucky try. NSW will smash qld in game II.
They still lost and shouldn't be smiling cause of what could of been

Pumpkin

Juniors
Because Luai has been so good, only there for the PENRITH connection. Walker been the best 6 in the comp. And chinless is so much better than Teddy this season.
NSW were camped on the Qld line for much of the match, but were disjointed in attack and couldn't capitalise. The situation was crying out for a ball player and Walker is perfect for that. But Walker is proven to not be an origin player. Same as Luke Keary. If the Chin is out then the logical replacement is either Reynolds or Hynes. Tedesco has to be there. He's got much more experience than Edwards and there will be massive tension created by the Qld crowd. Edwards may not be able to handle that. It's a huge risk. Tedesco we know will handle it.

Pumpkin

Juniors
Edwards is in better current form
Current form doesn't translate to performing in Qld in front of a hostile crowd. You need experience. Tedesco is experienced. It's like having a building that's taller than all the other buildings but it has no foundation. It will fall down under pressure. Tedesco is like a tall building with a solid foundation.

Homo man69

Juniors
Current form doesn't translate to performing in Qld in front of a hostile crowd. You need experience. Tedesco is experienced. It's like having a building that's taller than all the other buildings but it has no foundation. It will fall down under pressure. Tedesco is like a tall building with a solid foundation.
Well that building experienced a terrorist attack of 9/11 magnitude during game one. You don't know how a player is going to react with origin. Some bolters become better players from the get go eg Dallas Johnson, Mark O'Mealy, Eric Grothe.
It's up to the coach to identify players that would excel in the origin arena. Maybe Teddy is the right selection but Edwards is currently playing better in the NRL.
Fittler has never been good at identifying origin ready players. He's only done it once with Burton

Pumpkin

Juniors
Well that building experienced a terrorist attack of 9/11 magnitude during game one. You don't know how a player is going to react with origin. Some bolters become better players from the get go eg Dallas Johnson, Mark O'Mealy, Eric Grothe.
It's up to the coach to identify players that would excel in the origin arena. Maybe Teddy is the right selection but Edwards is currently playing better in the NRL.
Fittler has never been good at identifying origin ready players. He's only done it once with Burton
You are mistaken. Tedesco had a solid match. His incisive runs were instrumental in NSW being camped on the Qld line. Noone on earth would have stopped the hammer with that much space. Lindsey Collins snatching the ball out of his hands was one in a million. A fluke. The one mistake he made, which most people have missed, is not passing to an unmarked Fox close to the line. That was a certain try. I'm critical of that.

Homo man69

Juniors
You are mistaken. Tedesco had a solid match. His incisive runs were instrumental in NSW being camped on the Qld line. Noone on earth would have stopped the hammer with that much space. Lindsey Collins snatching the ball out of his hands was one in a million. A fluke. The one mistake he made, which most people have missed, is not passing to an unmarked Fox close to the line. That was a certain try. I'm critical of that.
I agree that the Hammer try wasn't really a mistake but I do believe he should of stopped the Cobbo try. He made 3 critical errors with Cobbo, Fox pass and Collins try. You can't afford making mistakes as a spine player in origin. He's definitely not the same player but he does make meters. Edwards currently makes more meters up the middle and has better support play. My whole point is how much longer do we persist with him whilst other players are performing better? I'm willing to give him another chance but if he fails again. Then it's gotta be his last origin. I have a bad feeling they'll keep picking him for years based on past merits and captaincy