What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Pacific Championships - 14 Oct to 5 Nov

This Year?

Immortal
Haas was my MOM. It's almost unfair having him and Yeo in the same team.
Atkins and the bunker can't help but to inject themselves into a spectacle. Hammer's 1st try was brilliant. Speaking of brilliant, Faalogo is going to be a name we will be hearing alot of.

Game was over at oranges and I predicted an upset given the crop of Aussies that jumped ship. Tino, Haas and Collins were my pics, to be brutally honest no one stood out. Was disappointed in the halves combo, Nicho Hynes has far more skill than either of them, as does Kalyn Ponga. Harry Grant also has the skills over Hunt.

Diesel

Referee
PNG two tries in 3 minutes to start the 2nd half. Does the 50 rule apply for the Pacific Championships?

This Year?

Immortal
Felt sorry for CI. Lost their halback in the first minute (f**k it's scary to see serious injuries), then couldn't complete a set or do the basics for pretty much the entire half.
PNG were great. They had the benefit of more NRL experience in their side then their opposition. I don't think JDB should have been eligible. It'd be scary trying to tackle some of those blokes and Lam had time and space because of it.

To the Cookies credit they never threw in the towel against the Kumuls and came close to winning the second stanza. Yes losing their half early threw them no doubt. Some impressive performance by their boys, specially their #18 Aussie born Takai Mokohar.

Not sure why PNG coach kept JDB benched for so long, as it was while the Dragon great was sidelined that the Cookies came back into the contest. Starting the comeback was the try of the match, a magical dive, catch in mid air beauty by their wingman that mesmerized the crowd.