What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 PF Fri - Penrith 38-4 Melbourne @ Accor

Finals Week 3: Penrith v Melbourne

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Realist

Juniors
Tell you what it’s not every day you get to witness a live murder on tv.

the storm’s execution brought to you live on channel 9

Damn you got that right. As a Panthers fan, I never want to take anything for granted. I have seen them murder certain victories. Not this incarnation though, I was confident of a solid win but did not expect an 'execution' as you put it.

The Realist

Juniors
Penrith were clinical. Storm were crap. Bellamy needs to go. It’s pretty simple. Cleary is coaching 2023 Rugby League. Bellamy isn’t.

If Penrith didn't exist, Storm would have the best record from 2020-2023 and likely 2 or 3 premierships heading into 2023. Bellamy is definitely not done. Still an outstanding coach, but he is a little past his best and has been pipped by a coach and organisation that have finally realised their peak potential.

The Realist

Juniors
He got through it tonight which is the main thing, he was definitely favouring it a bit. Melbourne just didn't generate enough through the middle to set up a few plays at him.

This is true. I remember thinking that during and after the game and also thought that the Broncos will test him out far more than the Storm could manage.

The Realist

Juniors
If we had a competent back up centre Tago’s finals place would be in doubt. Still carrying injury or just not match fit.

Both. He was clearly uncomfortable putting in the contact he normally does. His flailing arms against Olam are a stark contrast to the solid chest and shoulder hits he normal puts on.

Also had a few knock ons as well.

Tago has to be better next week or the Broncos outside backs will terrorize him.

bedlam breakout

Juniors
must be the dullest semi of any RL comp ever - not even a glimmer of exitement in the game - why did cleary kick for goal so late in the game with the game already won? boring fare - very very boring

Michael Matral

Juniors
Says the coward who didn't post anything until after the game, then you're on here with your big boys pants posting like you've got a pair. I'll give you some advice i'm kinda a big deal on here maybe go after some lower hanging fruit.

@Someone2 seems about your level, too bad he's not a bald

How boring is the ‘Penrith is boring’ chat? Yawn. Just scored 38 points in a prelim, including two tries from over halfway.

Look, I get it. People want a more competitive game? The answer to that; the other teams need to get better
100% this

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Melbourne played so poorly.
Lieros f**ked pass to Olam (not sure if he was trying to cut him out or not. should have been going through the hands anyway) was a massive opportunity.

The Storm take the lead there if they don't f**k that up and we all know how that affects Nathan and Jerome's game.