What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 PF Fri - Penrith 38-4 Melbourne @ Accor

Finals Week 3: Penrith v Melbourne

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flippikat

Bench
Maybe who-ever wins tomorrow should watch the 2001 grand final.

I remember Parra being utterly dominant all season, then getting blitzed in the first half of that game, with the Knights hanging on in the 2nd half for the upset.

Pneuma

First Grade
Penrith were clinical. Storm were crap. Bellamy needs to go. It’s pretty simple. Cleary is coaching 2023 Rugby League. Bellamy isn’t.

blaza88z

Coach
He would have been working on shoulder stability for 4 weeks. One twist away from it coming out again is embellishing a bit. I did my shoulder and was playing again 6 weeks later (almost identical injury to Luai). Any first grader is a twist away from an ACL or labral/rotor cuff tear.
Calf tears - any movement at all on the field uses the calf muscle.
I hope both get through the game unscathed.
In saying that, if I was to put money on one doing the same injury again, it would be Hughes.

He got through it tonight which is the main thing, he was definitely favouring it a bit. Melbourne just didn't generate enough through the middle to set up a few plays at him.

GongPanther

Referee
Maybe who-ever wins tomorrow should watch the 2001 grand final.

I remember Parra being utterly dominant all season, then getting blitzed in the first half of that game, with the Knights hanging on in the 2nd half for the upset.
With respect, it's not wise to compare future matches with times from the past.