What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 PF Fri - Penrith 38-4 Melbourne @ Accor

Finals Week 3: Penrith v Melbourne

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blaza88z

Coach
Come on mate, it's all banter...top 4 banter!

I hope we beat NZ and make the GF but you won't see me prancing around just assuming we will win and make it to the GF, anyone can beat anyone on any given day in this competition. Your team isn't full of immortals, Melbourne just have to match you guys in the forwards and they can absolutely beat you. While you'd be a brave man to suggest that will happen, it could happen.

Parramatta got you a few weeks ago, if Parramatta can beat you, Melbourne surely can. I wouldn't bet on it but it could happen.

Watch last years GF, and you'll realise what the Broncos will be up against. Our forward pack didn't play like that before and after that '22 GF. Coach has them perfectly timed and primed for this GF day. Ivan Cleary, the Bart Cummins of Rugby League.
Do you realise that Bart Cummings is dead?

Apey

Staff member
Anyway, Cleary plays for Penrith. No one other than you really gives a f**k about Origin. You would give your left nut to have him in your team.
Like Mason stated the other day ‘Newcastle have the worst spine in the comp’.
Eat a bag of dicks you poor simple prick, your season is over.
Haha for someone who trolls other club's forums, you sure do get sooky at any criticism thrown PENRITH's way.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Couldn’t tell you. Observation isn’t based on stats but actually watching the games. Cleary has been found out a number of times. If the game plan isn’t working or we’re on the back foot he’s totally useless.
It's because the refs allow Queensland to belt him.

Panther Mike

Juniors
Why is there a bunch of waffle about that over glorified 3 game wank fest that disrupts the club season in this thread? Leave that shit to the winter months where it belongs.

Panther Mike

Juniors
I hope we beat NZ and make the GF but you won't see me prancing around just assuming we will win and make it to the GF, anyone can beat anyone on any given day in this competition. Your team isn't full of immortals, Melbourne just have to match you guys in the forwards and they can absolutely beat you. While you'd be a brave man to suggest that will happen, it could happen.

Parramatta got you a few weeks ago, if Parramatta can beat you, Melbourne surely can. I wouldn't bet on it but it could happen.
We’re not all prancing around assuming we’ll win. I’m definitely not counting it as a win yet. In fact I’m nervous because of the venue where Storm have of course beaten us before.

However my nerves aren’t because of a loss to Parramatta from a few weeks ago, when we were missing a host of key players who are all back this week. Most of our losses in the last couple of years have come when we had key players out. Only real indicator or predictor of the future is track record and ours make me highly confident at full strength, but of course it’s never a sure thing.

This Year?

Immortal
I think the Storm have overachieved this season. How they've made it to the top 4 and to yet another PF with this squad is a testament to their coaching staff.
The Panthers would need to have a Barry Croker to lose, but it's a very small chance of happening. I'm actually surprised some would want the Storm to win seeing that they are the most winningest club in the modern era.

soc123_au

Staff member
Luai cleared to play. Pic captured on his way to contact drills up against Fish, Leota & Spencer.

R.b52efc60069b97981830ae42d55e9aa8

Billythekid

First Grade
I’m happy I’ve made an impact in here. Certainly more effective than Cleary for the Blues.

Anyway PENRITH should be winning this comfortably. The Storm seem a shadow of their former selves.
Cleary is a good player but even at club level he is overrated. If he was out for the season you would still have Penrith being favourites for the comp and they don’t look like they lose a step without him. That just isn’t really true of the other great halfbacks.

Penriths team is just that f**king good and whilst most will scoff at this there are a bunch of halfbacks currently in the league who could slot in there and the team would be just as good.

mozza91

Coach
Cleary is a good player but even at club level he is overrated. If he was out for the season you would still have Penrith being favourites for the comp and they don’t look like they lose a step without him. That just isn’t really true of the other great halfbacks.

Penriths team is just that f**king good and whilst most will scoff at this there are a bunch of halfbacks currently in the league who could slot in there and the team would be just as good.
Preaching to the choir mate. They lost nothing with Jack Cogger at halfback for a few weeks earlier this year.

Latest posts