What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R12 Sat - Wests Tigers 66-18 North Qld @ Leichhardt / Wanngal

Round 12: Wests Tigers v North Qld

• Wests Tigers

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 12
Wests Tigers v North Queensland Cowboys
Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield / Wanngal, Lilyfield (TICKETS)
Saturday 20 May 2023

Gates open 12:30pm, NSW Cup 12:40pm, Flegg 3pm, NRL kickoff 5:30pm. Broadcast on Fox League, Kayo Sports.

WST2022TEAM.png

1. Jahream Bula 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Starford To'a 4. Tommy Talau 5. Junior Tupou 6. Brandon Wakeham 7. Luke Brooks 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. John Bateman 13. Fonua Pole 14. Jake Simpkin 15. Joe Ofahengaue 16. Alex Twal 17. Asu Kepaoa 18. Alex Seyfarth 19. Shawn Blore 20. Justin Matamua 21. Daine Laurie 22. Aistasi James

Unchanged

NQL2023TEAM.png

1. Scott Drinkwater 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Valentine Holmes 4. Peta Hiku 5. Murray Taulagi 6. Tom Dearden 7. Chad Townsend 8. Jordan McLean 9. Reece Robson 10. Coen Hess 11. Heilum Luki 12. Jack Gosiewski 13. Reuben Cotter 14. Jake Granville 15. Mitchell Dunn 16. Riley Price 17. Kulikefu Finefeuiaki 18. Zac Laybutt 19. Ben Hampton 20. Sylvester Namo 21. Brendan Elliot 22. Sam McIntyre

Out: Jamayne Taunoa-Brown (bench)
In: Riley Price (bench)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Phil Henderson
Video Referee: Kasey Badger

LOWER GRADES
Western Subs^ / Wests Tigers^ at Leichhardt, Sat - NSW Cup 12:40pm (FOX) / Flegg 3pm

Redcliffe v Mackay^ at Brighton, Sat - Colts 1pm
Redcliffe v Mackay^ at Suncorp, Sat - QLD Cup 5pm
Northern^ v Souths Logan at Barlow, Sat - Colts 4pm
Northern^ v Souths Logan at Tully, Sat - QLD Cup 6pm
Norths v Townsville^ at Bishop, Sun - Colts 12:15pm / QLD Cup 2:10pm​

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
This should be an entertaining game. Tigers not being able to create any points makes them hard to tip though.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Cows have found a bit of form last 2 weeks, however thought they got a bit lucky against saints. A lot of tries were off turnovers, considering we have one of the best completion rates they won’t get that against us. We’re a top 4 team between the 20m zones, doesn’t mean much when you’re the worst in the 20 though.

I’ll go us, we’ve got to win a game at Leichhardt eventually

Fangs

Coach
Cows looking decent again.

They have Taumalolo, Leilua, Nanai, Neame and Tamou all coming back. If they get their forward pack fit and firing then they should have a strong second half to the year.

borisdog

Juniors
Cows looking decent again.

They have Taumalolo, Leilua, Nanai, Neame and Tamou all coming back. If they get their forward pack fit and firing then they should have a strong second half to the year.
Tamou won't play again.

The rest will return soonish.

The Cows are shot this year, they've got a pretty tough draw from here on in and I won't back them to finish Top 12.

They've reverted back to 2021, just far too much dumb stuff, and the concerning thing for me is it's often repeated. Which is what the coach is there to eliminate.

They should win this one, but no great confidence from me here.

Grapple

Bench
Tigers at home. Spiritual home too.
Wakeham at 5/8 not pleasing the gods at spiritual home.
Gods say no to bad selection.

Cows win.

34-10

Fangs

Coach
Tamou won't play again.

The rest will return soonish.

The Cows are shot this year, they've got a pretty tough draw from here on in and I won't back them to finish Top 12.

They've reverted back to 2021, just far too much dumb stuff, and the concerning thing for me is it's often repeated. Which is what the coach is there to eliminate.

They should win this one, but no great confidence from me here.

Regardless its good depth. If Tamou is just that then he is good for it I reckon.

Origin guys like Holmes play well tonight I think. Should be a win.