What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R17 Fri - St Geo Illa 18-48 Warriors @ WIN

Round 17: St Geo Illa v Warriors

• St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Warriors

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 17
St George Illawarra Dragons v Warriors
WIN Stadium, Wollongong / Dharawal, Wollongong (TICKETS)
Friday 23 June 2023

Gates 6:45pm, NRL kickoff 8pm. Broadcast live on Nine Network, 9Now, Fox League, Kayo Sports.

SGI2022TEAM.png

1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Jayden Sullivan 7. Ben Hunt 8. Francis Molo 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Jack Bird 12. Jaydn Su'A 13. Jack de Belin 14. Talatau Amone 15. Michael Molo 16. Ben Murdoch-Masila 17. Zane Musgrove 18. Jaiyden Hunt 19. Moses Mbye 20. Max Feagai 21. Toby Couchman 22. Billy Burns

Out: Jaiyden Hunt (lock), Josh Kerr (bench)
In: Jack Bird (second row), Jack De Belin (lock)
Changes: Michael Molo (front row to bench), Ben Murdoch-Masila (second row to bench), Blake Lawrie (bench to front row)

WAR2022TEAM.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Rocco Berry 4. Adam Pompey 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Luke Metcalf 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Wayde Egan 10. Bunty Afoa 11. Jackson Ford 12. Marata Niukore 13. Tohu Harris 14. Dylan Walker 15. Josh Curran 16. Bayley Sironen 17. Tom Ale 18. Freddy Lussick 20. Brayden Wiliame 21. Ronald Volkman 22. Kalani Going 23. Zyon Maiu'u

Out: Ali Leiataua (centre), Mitchell Barnett (bench)
In: Rocco Berry (centre), Dylan Walker (bench)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Video Referee: Chris Butler

LOWER GRADES
Warriors^ v St Geo Illa^ at Go Media, Sat - NSW Cup 10am AEST
Melbourne v St Geo Illa^ at Broadmeadows, Sun - Flegg 2pm​

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Don't St George have a pretty epic record against warriors?

It depends on if Hunt plays or not.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Yup, Dragons are our bogiest of bogey teams (10/34 at 29.4% winning record).
Though if we win Manly will take that mantle (currently 12/39 at 30.7% winning record)

Also we are playing at 10pm NZ time on Friday, which doesn't bode well for the Warriors either. Was having a look at rleagueproject season summaries earlier, over the last 10.5 seasons (2013-present) we've only won 3/22 games where our games start 9pm or later NZ time (7 of those losses are the annual Melbourne ANZAC fun times).

So history and body clocks are against us, we just gotta hope our newfound resilience this year and current winning streak (2 in a row is a streak when it comes to Warriors!), along with Dragons player/coach dramas and not-so-great record in 2023 gets us over the line.

I get the feeling it's going to be a remarkably tight game, but personally I hope its the first game where we both score 50 and defend for the donut, no offense Dragons fans!

captainwarrior

Juniors
If the Warriors are serious about a push for a top 4 spot or even cementing a top 8 spot, they will win this easily. However they were pretty slow out of the blocks in the game after their last bye, and that plus their record vs Dragons I think will keep it close. Warriors by 8

pantherz9103

First Grade
Dragons are a decent home team and have good record v Warriors but Warriors should beat them if they are serious about playing finals.

Leber

Bench
On paper, this should be a walkover. But we suck playing the dragons.

I'll say us by 2.

SBD82

Coach
I reckon we should just pretend we played this game.

Put out a news article how the Dragons tried hard but ultimately came up short off the back of a few costly errors. And the warriors continued their feel good March towards the finals.

That way we can all have a nice Friday night without the stress of the game.

Sound fair?

Hutty1986

Immortal
Saints next 3 home games will be our last chance to win a game this year snd try to avoid the spoon.
Assume peaheart benny will pick up a mystery injury after playing in a tux during last nights cakewalk

some11

Referee
Be interesting to see the reception hunt gets tonight.

I think he'll play, he'll want to make it less awkward by having a blinder.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Win, or lose by less than 21, and we stay off the bottom of the ladder.

Warriors by 21, Dragons go to stone motherless.

flippikat

Bench
On paper this should be a great chance for the Warriors to click into another gear, win by a huge margin & cream some valuable for/against.

BUT clubs in disarray like the Dragons have a habit of being tough to read.. they could well put up a fight.

Potential "banana-skin" game this.

Grapple

Bench
Looking at the stats of these teams, the weirdest thing that stands out to me is that the last time these two teams met they were lucky enough to get a crowd of 7, 147 fans in a rugba league special that Saints won by 6 points in fine conditions....

Less than 10k fans?

WTF?