What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R25 Sun - Canberra 36-24 Canterbury @ GIO

Round 25: Canberra v Canterbury

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I assume a lot of neutrals judge our form solely on ladder position. They've been a chore to watch all year and deserve to be bottom 4 on most metrics.

If the Raiders somehow scrapped into the 8 it would be acceptable imo for the nrl to be like "for the good of the game the Raiders are out and ninth are in"

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Better than losing them I guess. Maybe.

Idk that's a genuine tough one. Like we are probably one of the worst sides ever to be in finals contention this late in the season in the nrl era ?

So these scrappy wins just encourage stick and the club when it's pretty obvious if the Raiders scrape in they are getting done 60 nil in the finals

perverse

Referee
Idk that's a genuine tough one. Like we are probably one of the worst sides ever to be in finals contention this late in the season in the nrl era ?

So these scrappy wins just encourage stick and the club when it's pretty obvious if the Raiders scrape in they are getting done 60 nil in the finals
That's always the worry when you're not happy with the coaching setup. That they'll do "just enough". It was my fear 2 months ago too, but AOB and the team have put a lot of egg on my face. Quite happy to cop it too.

Apey

Staff member
Like we are probably one of the worst sides ever to be in finals contention this late in the season in the nrl era ?
A wacky record haha. Very fitting. I think you guys are like bottom 4 in attack and defence? Quite the achievement if you do make the 8.

GAZF

First Grade
That's always the worry when you're not happy with the coaching setup. That they'll do "just enough". It was my fear 2 months ago too, but AOB and the team have put a lot of egg on my face. Quite happy to cop it too.
I wish Stick saved his "I told you so" shtick to follow two months of good form and entertaining football. Instead, we cop it after two point dirges won on luck against weak opposition.

Apey

Staff member
This is a pretty funny game but I mean it was only 2 months ago when my team looked like this.