What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
'They don't know what they're fighting for' - RLPA shredded as solution tabled to solve NRL 'crisis': https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...a/news-story/ca83f759d3aa4ef4a7816125da0f58c4

'We have to look down that path' - broncos captain threatens player strike as bitter pay war explodes: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/7da64fe0c6b3722ffe5434ca2c9ba13f

Honestly, I'd be filthy if there was a player strike. We're already being punished enough because of this media ban stuff. Why should we as fans be punished even more? I highly doubt it will happen.

Steenson123

Juniors
S
He has had 4 years to Emerge, thank god he is gone, now we can use this money to keep or buy better.
Surely Hawkins, Kennar, Milne and a few others e.g, Knight, Chee-Kam, are next out the front door. Taaffe should be kept as a utility back-up he is not a regular starter at present.
The next man up strategy should be focused on Duncan, Karapani, Munro and Ferguson. Lovett too could bloom with more playing time. Get players with speed and who play aggressively, in terms of attacking opponents when in posession. They win games.

callmack1

Staff member
Gus spotted in secret meeting with Souths gun - Transfer Whispers: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/81334ce7bfba08000e55bad7dd30b4ae

This doesn't exactly come as a big surprise given Taaffey's current situation. We all knew this was probably coming. Currently, his path to regular first grade is kind of blocked unless there's an injury or two, especially in the starting side. He has Trell, Cody, Lachy and now Wighton all ahead of him in the pecking order. You can't blame him for looking elsewhere.

And while I think he does have potential; he hasn't really blown me away since his amazing run in 2021. I don't mean that to rubbish Blake either, I love the guy. I just mean he probably hasn't kicked on as much as we all hoped. That is probably partially because he hasn't had the opportunity to at our club. He could be a star, who knows?

Of course, we'd love to keep him in a perfect world, but this is not a perfect world. We can't offer him regular first grade and maybe there is a bit of salary cap stuff to sort through for us too. If Taaffey wants to go for a better opportunity, the club won't stand in his way.

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Gus spotted in secret meeting with Souths gun - Transfer Whispers: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/81334ce7bfba08000e55bad7dd30b4ae

This doesn't exactly come as a big surprise given Taaffey's current situation. We all knew this was probably coming. Currently, his path to regular first grade is kind of blocked unless there's an injury or two, especially in the starting side. He has Trell, Cody, Lachy and now Wighton all ahead of him in the pecking order. You can't blame him for looking elsewhere.

And while I think he does have potential; he hasn't really blown me away since his amazing run in 2021. I don't mean that to rubbish Blake either, I love the guy. I just mean he probably hasn't kicked on as much as we all hoped. That is probably partially because he hasn't had the opportunity to at our club. He could be a star, who knows?

Of course, we'd love to keep him in a perfect world, but this is not a perfect world. We can't offer him regular first grade and maybe there is a bit of salary cap stuff to sort through for us too. If Taaffey wants to go for a better opportunity, the club won't stand in his way.
Before he signs elsewhere and flourishes with regular game time in the halves at another club I would like to see him given a shot at halfback alongside Cody.
He gives his all every game playing out of his position and I believe he deserves the opportunity.
He is a local junior and lives not far from the Heffron Centre.
Probably a long shot because it would place unwanted pressure on the coaching staff if he were to shine…..

Steenson123

Juniors
I’m just trying to spell things correct it’s probably the concussion from my dad supposedly being bashed in the day
Man let us focus on the REAL issues: we have an awesome squad at their BEST however they are not winning anything. WE should all focus on how to rectify that and forget the petty discours and threats which leave us at a dead end. Walker, Sir Alex, Murray, Cook, Graham, Arrow, Keaon, Mitchell et al these guys are arguably the best the club have ever had and for them to never win anything together is blasphemous, totally egregious.

Hellray

Juniors
Man let us focus on the REAL issues: we have an awesome squad at their BEST however they are not winning anything. WE should all focus on how to rectify that and forget the petty discours and threats which leave us at a dead end. Walker, Sir Alex, Murray, Cook, Graham, Arrow, Keaon, Mitchell et al these guys are arguably the best the club have ever had and for them to never win anything together is blasphemous, totally egregious.
If we can get everyone back fit (hopefully no injuries tonight) our top 17 moving towards the finals is super strong. Munro adds some excitement to the backline, Taffe form from weekend gives you confidence he could be an asset as a bench utility. Duncan should definitely stay in the top 17. Havili and Sele could be super subs when in form.
JD will have some tough decisions on who misses out, but also hopefully some easy decisions on who also shouldn’t be used moving forward.

Steenson123

Juniors
I agree. T
Before he signs elsewhere and flourishes with regular game time in the halves at another club I would like to see him given a shot at halfback alongside Cody.
He gives his all every game playing out of his position and I believe he deserves the opportunity.
He is a local junior and lives not far from the Heffron Centre.
Probably a long shot because it would place unwanted pressure on the coaching staff if he were to shine…..
I agree 101%. Taaffe is a HALF for sure that's where he will shine. He has great hands, a good kicking game and is quick, as we saw against the no-hopers last Saturday. The only issue would be his defense which at times has been porous. Nevertheless, he deserves a shot. He should have been developed in the halves he is NOT a FB!!

handyman2190

Bench
I agree. T

I agree 101%. Taaffe is a HALF for sure that's where he will shine. He has great hands, a good kicking game and is quick, as we saw against the no-hopers last Saturday. The only issue would be his defense which at times has been porous. Nevertheless, he deserves a shot. He should have been developed in the halves he is NOT a FB!!
Defence at FB is different to defence on an edge,ive seen him play nsw cup in the halves and he kills it,what a shame we dont give him a chance

Steenson123

Juniors
Taaffe has b
If we can get everyone back fit (hopefully no injuries tonight) our top 17 moving towards the finals is super strong. Munro adds some excitement to the backline, Taffe form from weekend gives you confidence he could be an asset as a bench utility. Duncan should definitely stay in the top 17. Havili and Sele could be super subs when in form.
JD will have some tough decisions on who misses out, but also hopefully some easy decisions on who also shouldn’t be used moving forward.
Taaffe has been significantly MISUSED. Several of us have been stating for some time that the guy is a HALF masquerading as a FB. Forced to play there. Taaffe could be very dangerous off the bench even as a super- sub for Cook as the opponents fatigue.

Steenson123

Juniors
Shame or sh
Defence at FB is different to defence on an edge,ive seen him play nsw cup in the halves and he kills it,what a shame we dont give him a chance
Shame or sheer stupidity? Demetriou needs to re-set and carefully think things over he has almost dumped the season through imbecile selections that most of us cringe at. Taaffe is way above Hawkins and is probably better than Ilias. We sink Gould's pathetic lot if Taaffe plays in place of Hawkins and that two points was invalauable to the big picture. Repeat Invaluable, given the tight table and Demetriou torpedoed it. Even commentators on the radio prior to kick off were saying how important that Bulldogs game was and that a win against all odds would set up the final section of the regular season. Demetriou must make far better choices soon because there is not much time remaining for redemption. No more "oh waiting for the back end of the season" nonsense, that has already arrived.

Latest posts