What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 TV/Fox/Streaming Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamback

Coach
as Ive been told, they dont use those numbers for ratings.

Only because OzTam had a sook,

They can still go to advertisers and say x amount of eye balls watched this program

Go to the board and say x, y, z programs work and adjust programming accordingly.

So that is why in any dispute, I am trusting Fox/Kayo's numbers

Nerd

Bench
Here is another thought. If we are going down this road of throwing the NZ ratings in, then comparing the codes is false equivalency. One has two countries represented. The other has one. Throwing the ratings of two countries in to the mix basically makes the comparison meaningless. But do go on. Chalk and cheese and all that.
I disagree. The Warriors play in the NRL so it's only fair to include any ratings from NZ. Using your logic that means we should exclude AFL ratings from Perth and Adelaide as their is no NRL team located there.

Iamback

Coach
As I’ve written before it was legitimate in 1988 when I first worked with it and it still is. It’s been refined to the point where it’s undeniable. Unless of course you don’t like what it’s telling you.

Except there are these things called computers and when you stream programs, providers know.

Netflix doesn't need sampling to know what is or isn't going well

Wb1234

Referee
I disagree. The Warriors play in the NRL so it's only fair to include any ratings from NZ. Using your logic that means we should exclude AFL ratings from Perth and Adelaide as their is no NRL team located there.
Excellent logic

we’re spotting afl an extra team and nine extra games and they are still get lapped

it’s not our fault we succeeded In nz where they failed

Harry O

Juniors
Excellent logic

we’re spotting afl an extra team and nine extra games and they are still get lapped

it’s not our fault we succeeded In nz where they failed
So when will we get the ratings figure from NZ? which century?

Wb1234

Referee

They can still go to advertisers and say x amount of eye balls watched this program

Go to the board and say x, y, z programs work and adjust programming accordingly.

Nailed it

foxtel sell ads based on viewers they will have the exact figures

dunno why wookie raised this red herring

Perth Red

Post Whore
It just a pissing up the wall contest anyway until it turns into $ advantage so might as well include British viewers on sky as well to make us feel even better lol

The_Wookie

Bench

No they never did. I got that direct from Foxtel staff.

You can believe whatever numbers you like. Im satisfied that as far as the information goes, both the Kayo data and the oztam vpm data work

The_Wookie

Bench
5 million people in nz but it’s too hard to provide an estimate so best to use zero

you can see on social media how popular it was

No its my refusal to invent data that is literally going to be little more than an uneducated guess. We have not had consistent data since 2015. We've had literally 4 separate media reports that sometimes give an increase without a starting point, or a number that could literally mean 1 of 3 things.

And if I did that with anything else, Id rightfully get called out by people here and on twitter. But no its ok here because....?

mate the popularity of my posts on twitter varies depending on the audience bias most of the time. on any given day the organisation I allegedly shill for changes across forums and twitter

Ralphy Twanger

Juniors

Simply the best

better than all the rest
The NSW figures intrigue me. What I find interesting is that the supposed biggest AFL club -- the Sydney Swans -- has a smaller internet search presence than the top 7 Sydney NRL clubs in NSW.

View attachment 79927
View attachment 79928

View attachment 79929
View attachment 79930

And that said they only just beat the Sharks and Dragons this year.

But now let's compare - Rabbitohs, Eels, Sharks vs GWS & Swans--

View attachment 79921
20 years:
View attachment 79922
5 years:
View attachment 79923
Basically GWS Giants is about a third as popular as Cronulla.

2023:
View attachment 79924
If you find that intriguing you’re a dick!! Swans aren’t in the top 13-14 AFL clubs.

Ralphy Twanger

Juniors
So when will we get the ratings figure from NZ? which century?
Why do we need them? Should we factor in the AFL games that overlap too? AFL for what ever reason is worth more to the Australian networks, they demolish our crowds to the point of it being laughable, the interest in the sport in the southern states is like nothing I’ve ever seen - surpasses Soccer in England FFS, why do you people spend so much time trying to downplay it? Enjoy it or jog on, never hear southerners bag RL like you clowns do.

Last edited:

Harry O

Juniors
Why do we need them? Should we factor in the AFL games that overlap too? AFL for what ever reason is worth more to the Australian networks, they demolish our crowds to the point of it being laughable, the interest in the sport in the southern states is like nothing I’ve ever seen - surpasses Soccer in England FFS, why do you people spend so much time trying to downplay it? Enjoy it or jog on, never hear southerners bag RL like you clowns do.
You're into your 3rd post and you spoken more about flogball more then anyone else.
Why shouldn't we include NZ you dimwit? They're part of the NRL.

If flogball is so famous in Australia then how come we beat you in the ratings all the time? And that's not even counting NZ and if we add them then it will be more embarrassing for ÿour drop code.
So you think Mexicans don't bag Rugby League?
You must have tunnel vision.

Pneuma

First Grade
Your last comment is absolutely wrong. I live in a southern state. The paranoia amongst many of their fans is very real.

Wb1234

Referee
Afl sucks bro

Ralphy Twanger

Juniors
You're into your 3rd post and you spoken more about flogball more then anyone else.
Why shouldn't we include NZ you dimwit? They're part of the NRL.

If flogball is so famous in Australia then how come we beat you in the ratings all the time? And that's not even counting NZ and if we add them then it will be more embarrassing for ÿour drop code.
So you think Mexicans don't bag Rugby League?
You must have tunnel vision.
Why do they get crowds that dwarf ours?

Why do they get more TV money?

I’m a fan of both codes, I like basketball and soccer too (shock horror), reading this thread is just bizarre, the hatred aimed at AFL is simply next level, it’s fear IMO, like you’re all desperate to prove your code is bigger/better using any metric you can and completely ignoring the metrics that don’t suit, seriously who gives a stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts