What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 TV/Fox/Streaming Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Sent today as customer.

I have no interest in many of your content, I only want to see what I am interested in. I have no in interest in Victorian Football, you call AFL, I do not want to show up in my menu.

Will keep you up to date.

I am also serious, they sell that tripe, sure, but I do not, if Victorians do not want NRL showing up, fair.

They produce zero kids.

Vibing

Juniors
Decent numbers for Sunday arvo with only one metro side involved
930K ish when its all counted

340K for the Dogs V Tits ( kayo est)

so
1.250 Mill on Thursday
Fri early 450K
Fri late 1.050 mill

Sat 1.380 mill
Sun 1.270 mill

5.4 mill for the round
675K per game

Starkers

Bench
If the NRL were to add a 9th game, are they able to negotiate that game with an alternate FTA provider? E.g. Ch10? If so would be a good way to ingratiate another channel ahead of the next full TV rights deal.

Vibing

Juniors
If the NRL were to add a 9th game, are they able to negotiate that game with an alternate FTA provider? E.g. Ch10? If so would be a good way to ingratiate another channel ahead of the next full TV rights deal.
There'd be some sort of exclusivity claus so no,
its the current providers who'd get first shot at any 9th game within this existing contract.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Highly unlikely. There would be non competition clauses in the contracts I'm sure for any extra content available. Not to mention production setup costs etc just to cover one game a week wouldn't make it viable.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's what we've been saying for years, f**k channel 9
Did they miss the decades of Ch9 running an AFL footy show? They've always treated the game with disdain. After what they said about the NRL a few years ago they should have been booted, not rewarded by giving them the rights for 5 more years at the same price!

The_Wookie

Bench
Highly unlikely. There would be non competition clauses in the contracts I'm sure for any extra content available. Not to mention production setup costs etc just to cover one game a week wouldn't make it viable.

An FTA broadcaster could take a Fox produced broadcast easily enough though. Its pretty unlikely though.

BlueandGold

Juniors
100+ NRLW games on FTA/Fox/Stream
18th team and a 9th game
Ratings through the roof.

Every chance the NRL gets a monster deal.

Perth Red

Post Whore
100+ NRLW games on FTA/Fox/Stream
18th team and a 9th game
Ratings through the roof.

Every chance the NRL gets a monster deal.
Only if there's competition. If there's a genuine bidding war I'd expect $550-600mill to be a goal. If there isn't and its Ch9 and Fox only again then we'll be lucky to get $475mill. Financial collapses, worldwide pandemics and other unpredictable situations aside.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Only if there's competition. If there's a genuine bidding war I'd expect $550-600mill to be a goal. If there isn't and its Ch9 and Fox only again then we'll be lucky to get $475mill. Financial collapses, worldwide pandemics and other unpredictable situations aside.

475m would just be inflation alone.

Large jump in broadcast ratings off the back of 1 team added.
100+ NRLW games
Possible 9th game and increased ratings again.

Your estimate needs work, i would not even call that a serious prediction. haha

The_Wookie

Bench

I expect Paramount to go crazy, and Fox will have to match. At a minimum Fox/Paramount should match what it pays for the AFL deal. Whether the FTA is there if fox wins at the same rate remains to be seen

Wb1234

Referee
According to another poster on here yes as long as it doesn’t clash with existing games

but I have doubts

Wb1234

Referee
I expect Paramount to go crazy, and Fox will have to match. At a minimum Fox/Paramount should match what it pays for the AFL deal. Whether the FTA is there if fox wins at the same rate remains to be seen
Stan will do the heavy lifting imo

paramount will be largely ignored as too risky unless they pay something that blows the rest out of the water

stan is less risky than paramount as they already have the fta rights

Wb1234

Referee
550 million is a pass mark with two extra teams going to market properly and with the sucess of the dolphins

given it’s being done a few years after afl it should be at least ten percent more than the afl to cater for that time delay

Status
Not open for further replies.