What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 TV/Fox/Streaming Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Burge

Juniors
Oztam VOZ - Metro 1.802, Reg 973, BVOD 536.

Oztam Prelim - Metro 1.981, Reg 904, BVOD 536.

So basic Oztam overestimates metro and underestimates regional by comparison with deluxe Oztam. And the discrepancies are not trivial. The only truly reliable figure would seem to be BVOD.

Is this exceptional or the pattern?
I believe with OzTAM they double count people in gold coast and Illawarra region that can pick up normal 9 signal instead of the regional network that’s where you get the discrepancy. Voztam is not double counting these people and thats why it’s a little less.

Marlins

Juniors
There’s a slight chance that Brisbane might out rate Sydney in Origin II. There’s only 100k odd difference in the first game.
I wonder if this has happened before?

The_Wookie

Bench
Oztam VOZ - Metro 1.802, Reg 973, BVOD 536.

Oztam Prelim - Metro 1.981, Reg 904, BVOD 536.

So basic Oztam overestimates metro and underestimates regional by comparison with deluxe Oztam. And the discrepancies are not trivial. The only truly reliable figure would seem to be BVOD.

Is this exceptional or the pattern?

VOZ is apparently more accurate. As posted when they re-released it, OZtam systems were double counting some areas where regionals and metro overlap - this has been a known issue for years - VOZ is supposed to have fixed this.

taipan

Referee
It`s interesting because I found the game to be a bit tedious, so many sets were one out hit-ups and then kick, the sort of thing the game is criticised for by its` detractors.
It was almost as if both teams had been instructed not to take any chances for fear of losing the ball in poor territory.
Admittedly the atmosphere at the game seemed fantastic, with the crowd right into it. I wonder if any other posters felt the same.
First half was a bit meh too much niggling and one out stuff, then half time the message must have been for both sides go for it ,go for broke.NSW must have misheard and thought it was go for choke.
2nd half is what the game is all about ,fast ball movement, offloads, changing points of attack and utilising the backline where the speed is.
The atmosphere and crowd response was awesome.And a word or two to the clowns on the Offsiders(Kelly ..... & Chatfield) who took great glee in the fact it was not a sell out and would be a bad look.Record SA ratings ,huge national ratings, the crowd response overwhelming, and a couple of thousand non attendees made SFA difference to the atmosphere, made them look A class gimps.

just normal tv:

Sydney 804,000
Brisbane 698,000
Melbourne 252,000
Adelaide 118,000
Perth 110,000

I remember when we were getting excited that Melbourne was almost at 100k.

Good stuff

The_Wookie

Bench
Will go close to breaking ten million viewers this round

close to ten percent of the afls total season viewership

Origin is not considered part of the round. its a separate event to the premiership season. Got separate sponsors ad everything

The_Wookie

Bench
Last edited:
F*ch yeh!! I love that WSOO is stand-alone to show off just how big its getting

Genuinely, NRLW should aim to be the no.3 league in the country past Soccer and Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts