What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 WTC FINAL: Aust v Ind @ The Oval - AUSTRALIA TEST CHAMPIONS

Fangs

Coach
Labs would be a great opener. And we don't lose a thing moving the world's best bat to 3.

Though it creates a new problem in the middle order. You could be cheeky and pick Mitch Marsh. We could run with 4 seamers and 2 spinners in that set up. Far more likely that Renshaw or Harris go straight in.

Eelectrica

Referee
I think we're going to have a revolving door on openers in the next couple of years as Warner and Khawaja retire. Warner is already fading fast.
Renshaw has been playing county cricket I believe so he probably gets first look in should Warner get knocked out for single digit scores. Who ever we going with can hopefully make it count.

Not sure if Bancroft has his papers stamped, but it if not he'll probably get another run at some stage as well.
Pity Pukovski keeps getting his bell rung.

simmo1

First Grade
Not sure if Bancroft has his papers stamped, but it if not he'll probably get another run at some stage as well.

He has had his papers stamped. Best domestic player by a mile over the past year or so but can't even make the Aus A team.

I don't think either is good enough

Warner is retiring, so we have to give someone a go. I’d be happy to see Bancroft get another shot as well before Harris.

Obviously the ace in the hole is Pucovski but who the hell knows what happens with him. I tend to think he should play middle order if he ever gets back.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
4 innings, not tests. 3 of those in difficult conditions in India. He then went to NZ and scored a stack of runs as an opener.
Were they the same conditions that every other batsman played in?

In what capacity in NZ? Not tests.

The guy has not done enough to replace anyone. I am a big fan but something mentally is lacking.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yeah but we’re faced with a choice in 8 tests anyway, so who’d you play?

Also Warner’s record in England is terrible, there’s no point just continuing with him if he hasn’t done anything after the 2nd ashes test.
Then lets replace him with a guy who has done even less.

Latest posts