What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Iamback

Coach
seriously, who does this? Bunch of muppets.
Either always sell at the rate you are going to offer specials at...and move more tickets, or;
keep the rates high and deal with empty seat.

This reduced-price business is short-term gain, long-term pain, amateur hour marketing that ticks off those who paid full price and are less likely to book early next time. Where's the reward?

They end up in front money wise doing it this way

yakstorm

First Grade
This is the reality of it, it makes a lot more money in the now and if they're able to keep the deal 'below the line' then generally the vast vast majority of people who paid full price are none the wiser.

In fairness the prices set aren't horribly off. I mean they've moved 75K+ of inventory before putting out any discounts. I'd imagine if Wednesday wasn't set to pour and there weren't so many players out injured, they would have gotten into the 80K realm without needing to resort to any offers.

Should they have set prices lower? In hindsight, maybe, though they may have conceded a lot more revenue. Reducing the Diamond seat from 324 to say 290, most likely wouldn't sell many more tickets than what they've sold now, but you've reduced you yield by around 10% for maybe a 1-2% uplift in sales. Getting that balance right is hard.

wain

Juniors
This is the reality of it, it makes a lot more money in the now and if they're able to keep the deal 'below the line' then generally the vast vast majority of people who paid full price are none the wiser.

In fairness the prices set aren't horribly off. I mean they've moved 75K+ of inventory before putting out any discounts. I'd imagine if Wednesday wasn't set to pour and there weren't so many players out injured, they would have gotten into the 80K realm without needing to resort to any offers.

Should they have set prices lower? In hindsight, maybe, though they may have conceded a lot more revenue. Reducing the Diamond seat from 324 to say 290, most likely wouldn't sell many more tickets than what they've sold now, but you've reduced you yield by around 10% for maybe a 1-2% uplift in sales. Getting that balance right is hard.
agree that it results in more $. thats why i mentioned the short term gain. my question is if that is worth foregoing the long-term gain.
it seems every time this happens, we then talk about less people pre-purchasing due to reductions...or even worse, last minute giving out a bunch of freebies...thus starting the perpetual cycle of 'having to give tickets away' PR.

as opposed to the great PR, vibe and supply-demand ratio that the NZ Warriors have at the moment.

in my opinion, the extra $ doesn't outweigh that.

Iamback

Coach
agree that it results in more $. thats why i mentioned the short term gain. my question is if that is worth foregoing the long-term gain.
it seems every time this happens, we then talk about less people pre-purchasing due to reductions...or even worse, last minute giving out a bunch of freebies...thus starting the perpetual cycle of 'having to give tickets away' PR.

as opposed to the great PR, vibe and supply-demand ratio that the NZ Warriors have at the moment.

in my opinion, the extra $ doesn't outweigh that.

Because Origin is about making money. They want to get every cent they can from it

Level 4 is on sale for King's Birthday match. Bays marked in red are down to single seats are arguably could join the other grey bays in the lower bowl as sold out. Yellow is down to limited capacity and are over 75% full.

View attachment 89104

I think this is on track to be bigger than Good Friday for the first time.

The release of seven bays on Level 4 East is comparable to Good Friday this year, albeit with three more days to sell the seats.

I think we are tracking for 35k-40k. With a good weather forecast and a bit of banter in the press, it could get above 40k.

Suitman

Post Whore
I think this is on track to be bigger than Good Friday for the first time.

The release of seven bays on Level 4 East is comparable to Good Friday this year, albeit with three more days to sell the seats.

I think we are tracking for 35k-40k. With a good weather forecast and a bit of banter in the press, it could get above 40k.

3-4 weeks ago, I couldn't even contemplate a discussion like this, considering both teams form.
Yet here we are.
I reckon even around 30 k would still be a massive success.
It just goes to show how the NRL has become such a more desirable product to watch live.

RU on the other hand.....?
That's another discussion to be had elsewhere on this forum.

ouwet

Bench
To get over 40k is pretty much the entire lower bowel sold out at Accor

atmosphere is good with 40k in

Yeah atmosphere picks up big time when it's a 40K + crowd.

I think anything under 35K would be disappointing, anything between 35-40K is a pass and if the crowd is 40K + will be a fantastic result.

Wb1234

Referee
Yeah atmosphere picks up big time when it's a 40K + crowd.

I think anything under 35K would be disappointing, anything between 35-40K is a pass and if the crowd is 40K + will be a fantastic result.
Those two teams in some kind of form it can be a cracker of a crowd atmosphere

ouwet

Bench
Dogs v Eels a gentleman on the kennel forum bought tickets on Sunday and the PAX was just about 24K.

When origin is over hopefully we see good sales, I think its on track for 40K+ if the weather is good.

Wb1234

Referee
It was based on sales not attendance which is common

there was basically a mini tornado before the game in lv

fumblers and union fans get upset about league growing in America and being the afr the journo is one of those