What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Chris Reid

Juniors
This was a bigger problem than the news ever mentioned too. Mates of mine had their flight from SF cancelled on the day and missed it
I had Mates over there and said they've seen worse weather at shark park on a Saturday night.
All these are excuses. I've counted 62 on this thread for this year alone

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I had Mates over there and said they've seen worse weather at shark park on a Saturday night.
All these are excuses. I've counted 62 on this thread for this year alone
Lol the winds were the highest recorded in Vegas for March (which is often the windiest month) since 1985.

You're just a boring flop that is blowing up numerous threads with your anti NRL rhetoric.

Last edited by a moderator:

kurt faulk

Coach
Wally! No other sports fans are upset. I guarantee you mate. You carry on like you're the norm in society. How do you not see this?
Nobody is upset or jealous about it. Both those other sports are bigger and have more participants than RL in the States

Both those other sports are shit though. Nothing can change that.

Americans will eat up league once they know it exists and watch a few games. That's the whole point of the exercise. Baby steps until it gets some kind of foothold over there.

yakstorm

First Grade
Diamond is the only category left not sold out or down to single seats. It should push into 80K territory tonight.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Both those other sports are shit though. Nothing can change that.

Americans will eat up league once they know it exists and watch a few games. That's the whole point of the exercise. Baby steps until it gets some kind of foothold over there.

That is not the point at all. PVL (surely) knows that they won’t pick up fans or gambling revenue in the US.

It is purely a tool to pump up the NRL season for existing fans (and media) in Aust/NZ. The NRL can’t say that openly, as it would seem an outrageous waste of money. But it wasn’t. It worked. 2024 is the biggest season ever.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Wahs get a lot of publicity for their crowd boom but brisbanes is even better since they are coming off a much higher base

Brisbane city has seen a huge increase in rugby league crowds
The Wahs have been incredible, but their tickets are super cheap. NZD $40-$50 for sideline. Where as ours are AUD $85-$150.

Obviously we won't change our pricing given the crowds that we are pulling, but with tickets maxed out at $50 - every game at Suncorp would be sold out.

Provided that we don't collapse, or there be some kind of significant rain event on remaining game days, we could end the year with 35,507 being our lowest crowd, which was a Thursday night.

I never thought that would be possible with our pricing.

Wb1234

Immortal
The Wahs have been incredible, but their tickets are super cheap. NZD $40-$50 for sideline. Where as ours are AUD $85-$150.

Obviously we won't change our pricing given the crowds that we are pulling, but with tickets maxed out at $50 - every game at Suncorp would be sold out.

Provided that we don't collapse, or there be some kind of significant rain event on remaining game days, we could end the year with 35,507 being our lowest crowd, which was a Thursday night.

I never thought that would be possible with our pricing.
Shame they don’t price it for sellouts then put the prices up later

they pay something like 5 million pa in rent so that’s part of it

their game day revenue would dwarf everyone else

and this is without many games in family friendly time slots like Sunday 3 pm

the broncos also have to carry qld tv ratings then try and maximise crowds

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Shame they don’t price it for sellouts then put the prices up later

they pay something like 5 million pa in rent so that’s part of it

their game day revenue would dwarf everyone else

and this is without many games in family friendly time slots like Sunday 3 pm

the broncos also have to carry qld tv ratings then try and maximise crowds
the other factor is that the Broncs put on an incredible game day / night experience. Heaps of activities for the kids out the front of the ground, laser shows, half time acts etc. Worth the money. Having said that, I'm a Broncs member and I sit in the lower bowl behind the sticks at the Caxton St end and it works out about $40 for the seat. That's pretty reasonable.

yakstorm

First Grade
Not according to @The Great Dane

Zero growth in Brisbane since the Dolphins' inclusion and incredibly he is sticking to his guns on this line - lol
I wonder what criteria he is basing that on... I mean if you look at attendees, in the two years before the Dolphins, Brisbane had their highest number of attendees for NRL games with 779,110 attending matches in 2021 (thanks to COVID shifting a record 40+ games to Suncorp that year and 5 to Kayo Stadium) and then 699,664 in 2022.

Before that, in the pre-Magic era, the highest Brisbane aggregate is 552,170 (including Finals) in 2016.

Fast forward to 2023, and there was 904,131 attended Suncorp alone in the H&A season (1,006,601 attended when you include Finals) and then an additional 30,135 at Kayo Stadium.