What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

ouwet

Bench
Level 4 is on sale for King's Birthday match. Bays marked in red are down to single seats are arguably could join the other grey bays in the lower bowl as sold out. Yellow is down to limited capacity and are over 75% full.

View attachment 89104

From what I can see now (Not sure if ticketek hold tickets back on those bays) besides the Kennel which is GA there is at most a few hundred seats left in those lower level bays in the middle section including Bays 409-08-07-06 & 05 (410 and 404 not on sale now).

I know a lot of those tickets are for Members... If members turn up (Which they would as the weather will be good and the rivalry) I'm thinking 40,000 is absolute minimum, could push 45,000 (Hopefully).

Apey

Staff member
Raining not far from the stadium so the Womens Origin will probably be affected. Last few games at McDonald Jones have had rain, getting annoying.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not surprised YOU can't figure it out...
Apologies for not being a code wars obsessive. Because I was thinking about rugby league - this being a rugby league forum - I thought it was a weird-ass sexist broadside at Women's Origin. Play on

• Haha
Reactions: Vee

Wb1234

Referee
Apologies for not being a code wars obsessive. Because I was thinking about rugby league - this being a rugby league forum - I thought it was a weird-ass sexist broadside at Women's Origin. Play on
Tbf I knew he meant soccer but also consisted whether he meant women’s origin as it was vague

Billythekid

First Grade
Raining not far from the stadium so the Womens Origin will probably be affected. Last few games at McDonald Jones have had rain, getting annoying.
Yeah here in Waratah it’s bucketing down right now. Such a shame, hope a decent crowd still rocks up.

RedVee

First Grade
It was pretty obvious as the Matilda’s played at the same ground two days earlier.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It was pretty obvious as the Matilda’s played at the same ground two days earlier.
Women's Origin was played 3 weeks ago and is on again tonight.

Again, we're on a rugby league forum.

Dogs game updated PAX from tonight just a touch under 33,000 (from the kennel forum), still 4 days too go.

Could this game crack 50,000?

It's possible this could grow significantly, but so far there isn't a lot to suggest a crowd that big.

Based on the release of seating by Accor Stadium, this is still tracking towards a crowd of 35,000-40,000.

It will be telling if Accor Stadium releases more additional seating beyond Level 4 East. And even then, I remember Accor Stadium released seating on Level 4 West (after Level 4 East was made available) for the Rabbitohs vs Roosters game last year, only to quickly shut that off due to lack of demand and the crowd figure ended up as ~36,000.

Vee

First Grade
No need to apologise mate, just drop the pompous know-it-all attitude and try to keep up.

Apey

Staff member
Absolutely cracking crowd and the atmosphere was so good despite the flogging rain. Can’t wait for SOO to come back to Newy, the experience was awesome tonight and I’d imagine in good conditions it’ll be amazing.
Did see a bloke in a Storm jersey on the way in just before kick-off.

Kinda funny reading the occasional 'who cares' on LU (not in this thread) about the Women's Origin/game in general. LU couldn't possibly be further from the target audience. Young girls in particular go nuts for watching the women's game.

Nolzy

Juniors
Does anybody know how state of origin at the MCG is tracking? Heard a few weeks ago it was 65000 and we're still 3 weeks out?

Billythekid

First Grade
Did see a bloke in a Storm jersey on the way in just before kick-off.

Kinda funny reading the occasional 'who cares' on LU (not in this thread) about the Women's Origin/game in general. LU couldn't possibly be further from the target audience. Young girls in particular go nuts for watching the women's game.
I don’t tend to wear my storm jersey to games in Newcastle :p.

I don’t expect anyone to show any interest in the women’s game, that’s their choice. I will say that it’s very important for the future of the game. Last night you look around the ground and yeah there were a lot more women and girls but also a lot of families. These are the future fans of our game and also a completely different demographic which traditionally contact sports may not have appealed to.

They’re also the people who tend to choose what sport their kids can play.

If you don’t want to watch it whatever that’s your choice but it annoys me when these people play down the potential of the women’s game. Rugby league in general benefits from the growth of the women’s game.

Latest posts