What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No need to apologise mate, just drop the pompous know-it-all attitude and try to keep up.
I reckon you post what you want, I post what I want, and we leave it there hey?

For someone who thinks others are pompous, you're sure interested in telling me how I should post.

• Haha
Reactions: Vee

t-ba

Post Whore
Did see a bloke in a Storm jersey on the way in just before kick-off.

Kinda funny reading the occasional 'who cares' on LU (not in this thread) about the Women's Origin/game in general. LU couldn't possibly be further from the target audience. Young girls in particular go nuts for watching the women's game.

Let's be real this place, as much I am probably addicted to it and quite like, is incredibly niche.

Who in the year of our lord 2024 is still using a Bulletin Board?

Probably the people who've been reading it for 20 years. This place is about as archaic as a cassette player.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Let's be real this place, as much I am probably addicted to it and quite like, is incredibly niche.

Probably the people who've been reading it for 20 years. This place is about as archaic as a cassette player.
I expect to be able to sell subscriptions to my retro posts from decades ago.

They sound better.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Broncos v Cronulla is still selling strongly - every bay is open or has sold. About 1200 seats to go before appx 1500 restricted view will be released.

Saturday's weather looks amazing. Over to you, stadium members!
I'm hoping we get to attend a dry weather match, been a rarity this year in Brissy

Billythekid

First Grade

The death of forums has been one of the worst things about the internet during my time. Reddit, twitter, discord etc just don’t provide the same sort of discussion.

yobbo84

Coach

And thank f** for forums like this. The alternative is social media which makes LU and other forums seem like the Athens Agora by comparison.

ouwet

Bench
It's possible this could grow significantly, but so far there isn't a lot to suggest a crowd that big.

Based on the release of seating by Accor Stadium, this is still tracking towards a crowd of 35,000-40,000.

It will be telling if Accor Stadium releases more additional seating beyond Level 4 East. And even then, I remember Accor Stadium released seating on Level 4 West (after Level 4 East was made available) for the Rabbitohs vs Roosters game last year, only to quickly shut that off due to lack of demand and the crowd figure ended up as ~36,000.

36,000 will be a fail IMO!

To put into perspective, in 2013 the Good Friday game had a PAX of 36,000 on the morning of the game, it got 51,500ish we are currently at 33,000 PAX (As of last night). Now Yes, in 2013 the Easter show would've helped and there was a massive walk up crowd when Barba was confirmed to be playing (From memory), I think maybe I'm getting excited but anything under 45K will be disappointing now especially that the weather is going to be good!

shewi6

Juniors

To put into perspective, in 2013 the Good Friday game had a PAX of 36,000 on the morning of the game, it got 51,500ish we are currently at 33,000 PAX (As of last night). Now Yes, in 2013 the Easter show would've helped and there was a massive walk up crowd when Barba was confirmed to be playing (From memory), I think maybe I'm getting excited but anything under 45K will be disappointing now especially that the weather is going to be good!
Over 40k is looking likely, ticketek map is showing level 6 east open for sales currently.

I think it's difficult to compare Good Friday (with the big walk up demand like you said from the Easter Show) and King's Birthday (which is falling within a week of Origin and during Vivid, which the NRL does not leverage).

A good comparison is 2023 King's Birthday:

On Wednesday 7 June 2023, the pax was 26,776:
1717732683347.png

Five days later, the final King's Birthday crowd was 33,866. That equates to daily ticket sales of approximately 1,418.

---

The pax was 32,957 yesterday, according to The Kennel. If you apply four days of sales at last year's average rate (1,418 x 4), that equates to a projection of another 5,672 ticket sales by kickoff. It's probably fair to assert that 2024 will sell more than 2023 in the leadup, so perhaps add another 1,000 ticket sales to reflect that:
= 32,957 + 5,672 + 1,000 = 39,629.

That's still a great crowd. It'd be the best crowd for a regular season game between the Bulldogs and the Eels in 50 years.

Over 40k is looking likely, ticketek map is showing level 6 east open for sales currently.

I think that was a temporary blip as the map was temporarily showing no tickets available. They have since rectified this issue by removing Level 6, while Level 4 East remains open with limited availability.

1717733202477.png

They're no doubt preparing to release more bays for a weekend rush of sales. So the map could look different this evening

ouwet

Bench
I think it's difficult to compare Good Friday (with the big walk up demand like you said from the Easter Show) and King's Birthday (which is falling within a week of Origin and during Vivid, which the NRL does not leverage).

A good comparison is 2023 King's Birthday:

On Wednesday 7 June 2023, the pax was 26,776:
View attachment 89221

Five days later, the final King's Birthday crowd was 33,866. That equates to daily ticket sales of approximately 1,418.

---

The pax was 32,957 yesterday, according to The Kennel. If you apply four days of sales at last year's average rate (1,418 x 4), that equates to a projection of another 5,672 ticket sales by kickoff. It's probably fair to assert that 2024 will sell more than 2023 in the leadup, so perhaps add another 1,000 ticket sales to reflect that:
= 32,957 + 5,672 + 1,000 = 39,629.

That's still a great crowd. It'd be the best crowd for a regular season game between the Bulldogs and the Eels in 50 years.

Good stuff, love the research!

T-Boon

Coach
I reckon the knights WNRL team could get bigger crowds than several Sydney NRL clubs and the Titans.

shewi6

Juniors
I think that was a temporary blip as the map was temporarily showing no tickets available. They have since rectified this issue by removing Level 6, while Level 4 East remains open with limited availability.

View attachment 89222

They're no doubt preparing to release more bays for a weekend rush of sales. So the map could look different this evening
Not the first time it has happened, i was a bit sceptical.

yobbo84

Coach
First time the Bulldogs have had a decent team in a long time, on a long weekend, on likely the first full day of sunshine in Sydney in quite a while, against the Eels... should be a bumper crowd. Could push 50k.

Wb1234

Referee
It's possible this could grow significantly, but so far there isn't a lot to suggest a crowd that big.

Based on the release of seating by Accor Stadium, this is still tracking towards a crowd of 35,000-40,000.

It will be telling if Accor Stadium releases more additional seating beyond Level 4 East. And even then, I remember Accor Stadium released seating on Level 4 West (after Level 4 East was made available) for the Rabbitohs vs Roosters game last year, only to quickly shut that off due to lack of demand and the crowd figure ended up as ~36,000.
The
And thank f** for forums like this. The alternative is social media which makes LU and other forums seem like the Athens Agora by comparison.
Nrl reddit is a cesspool

I follow a lot of amazing league people on Twitter

the rugby league social media people seem to be quieter this year on tik tok for some reason

the best warriors content is on tik tok they have nailed it