What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Pax update for Bulldogs vs Eels via The Kennel:
1717753559308.png

That means it's moved about 2,200 tickets in the past 24 hours. Extrapolate that over three days to the King's Birthday and the crowd is tracking towards 41,000-42,000.

That brings the 2022 crowd between the Roosters and the Rabbitohs (41,906 at Allianz 2.0) into play, and it could be the biggest regular season crowd in Sydney in ten years (since 50,668 for the Eels vs Wests Tigers on Easter Monday in 2014).

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos vs Cronulla one week out update:

- Black line - sold or will sell out this weekend
- Pink line - open and selling
- no line - not open yet

View attachment 88974
Game day update:
- Black line - pretty much sold out, a few groups of tickets available in some areas but full.
- Pink line - open and selling, will be full or half full by kick off.
- restricted view have not been put on sale yet, but might be by this afternoon.

If a Friday night I'd be expecting 43-44k.

I expect 41.5k.

lang-park-suncorp-stadium-brisbane-seating-plan.png

edit: level 6 west restricted view has been released (at full cost)
edit 2: major track works on the Ipswich and Shorncliffe lines.

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Game day update:
- Black line - pretty much sold out, a few groups of tickets available in some areas but full.
- Pink line - open and selling, will be full or half full by kick off.
- restricted view have not been put on sale yet, but might be by this afternoon.

If a Friday night I'd be expecting 43-44k.

I expect 41.5k.

View attachment 89258

edit: level 6 west restricted view has been released (at full cost)
edit 2: major track works on the Ipswich and Shorncliffe lines.
Can't wait for this tonight. Beautiful weather today too. Last time I was this hyped for a Broncos v Sharks game was when Brisbane hosted the Super League grand final

shewi6

Juniors
This is where the broncos have always had the potential to be, but never had any motivation to grow as they were a big fish in a small pond with regards to nrl crowds.

The introduction of the dolphins has kicked them into gear and I believe the period of unsuccessful seasons was something the fans needed to shake the complacency and appreciate a winning side more.

I would love to see this build and in the future 40k would be a minimum crowd and for every game to be technically sold out to members which in turn should lift the dolphins support for the people that miss out and just want to see a live game.

shewi6

Juniors
Yeh 44k average from memory, but easier to achieve in a 60k stadium.

Like I said the potential is there and compared to back then we have a world class 52k stadium in a good location with good transport options.

Will be interesting to see what upgrades suncorp will get for the olympics, an extra 10k capacity will make beating that 44k average easier.

Wb1234

Immortal
Yeh 44k average from memory, but easier to achieve in a 60k stadium.

Like I said the potential is there and compared to back then we have a world class 52k stadium in a good location with good transport options.

Will be interesting to see what upgrades suncorp will get for the olympics, an extra 10k capacity will make beating that 44k average easier.
Suncorp needs 70k

Broncos are already outgrowing current capacity let alone origin or magic

shewi6

Juniors
70k would be great and easily utilised by origin and magic plus the brisbane derbies.

But I fear a regular crowd of 20 to 30k for the dolphins and even the odd broncos game (weather, form, timeslot affected) would look lost in there.
At that size it is almost an accor like stadium.

An extra 10k capacity is good for the short to medium term and will allow a certain bit of scarcity and fomo where clubs can keep ticket prices at a level to make good money.

yakstorm

First Grade
Suncorp needs 70k

Broncos are already outgrowing current capacity let alone origin or magic
Problem with Suncorp getting to 70K is it would pretty much need a rebuild to achieve it and that means multiple years of the Broncos & Dolphins taking big games to the Gabba.

Going from 52,500 to around 60K can be achieved by:

1) Filling in the upper corners and the northern & southern concourse (as outlined in this article https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...t-for-a-vibrant-facelift-20230601-p5dd56.html though not a preference)
2) Replacing the old western grandstand all together.
3) A combination of the above.

At least with all 3 games could continue to be held at Suncorp (at a reduced capacity) until work was completed, and if for the concourse seating, if it was just temporary seats brought in for big events, then the impact on regular games would be almost non-existent.

Wb1234

Immortal
Problem with Suncorp getting to 70K is it would pretty much need a rebuild to achieve it and that means multiple years of the Broncos & Dolphins taking big games to the Gabba.

Going from 52,500 to around 60K can be achieved by:

1) Filling in the upper corners and the northern & southern concourse (as outlined in this article https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...t-for-a-vibrant-facelift-20230601-p5dd56.html though not a preference)
2) Replacing the old western grandstand all together.
3) A combination of the above.

At least with all 3 games could continue to be held at Suncorp (at a reduced capacity) until work was completed, and if for the concourse seating, if it was just temporary seats brought in for big events, then the impact on regular games would be almost non-existent.
If they rebuilt the western grand stand it doesn’t have to be the same height as the other stands

no point rebuilding a whole stand for only 10k extra capacity

yakstorm

First Grade
If they rebuilt the western grand stand it doesn’t have to be the same height as the other stands

no point rebuilding a whole stand for only 10k extra capacity
It doesn't, but making it higher means the roof has to be rebuilt which then has impacts around all of level 7. Western Grandstand also has a lot of corporate & broadcast facilities which will need to be included in any new design which limits how many people you can fit in there (unless you go significantly higher, which again has other issues)