What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

parrawentyfan

Juniors
On Cronulla vs North Queensland, it appears TfNSW is planning for a combined crowd of around 75,000 at Moore Park on Friday night. If my Maths holds up, that would comprise:
- Up to 44,000 at the SCG for the Swans
- Up to 25,000 at Allianz Stadium for Cronulla vs North Qld
- Up to 5,000 at Hordern Pavillion for DNB Allstars
- Up to 1,000 at Liberty Hall for The Maine

I think 25,000 would be a solid result on Friday night all Allianz. It's a healthy crowd figure that is double what Cronulla could draw at Shark Park and would look healthy on TV.
You know that the papers will call it "half of what the AFL got"

malleekid

Juniors
Honestly sad that the demand for neutrals to go to this alone isn't driving 30k+. The stadium is a treat to watch Footy at and with the public transport improvements over the last few years it's never been easier to get to.

Sure it will be busy in the precinct but that just adds to hype of this time of year in my opinion. A bygone era with different circumstances but it reminds me of the 90s with back to back finals at the Footy stadium again.

Valheru

Coach
I think 25k would be a good result for Friday night.

In addition to everything else said, whether we like it or not we have to recognize that the sharks area (the shire) is one of the few core areas for swans fans. A lot of their fanbase is from that area so plenty will have to choose between the fixtures.

The other two areas where there is big crossover are, ironically, Eastern suburbs and North Sydney/manly.

Iamback

Coach
Honestly sad that the demand for neutrals to go to this alone isn't driving 30k+. The stadium is a treat to watch Footy at and with the public transport improvements over the last few years it's never been easier to get to.

Sure it will be busy in the precinct but that just adds to hype of this time of year in my opinion. A bygone era with different circumstances but it reminds me of the 90s with back to back finals at the Footy stadium again.

There isn't even any lower grade games that may interest fans of other teams.

Latest posts